Saturday, November 1, 2008

So today was the toy ride and the weather was perfect. Jed went, he rode with Hop. He was up and down and all over the place. Happy 1 minute and crying the next. Feeling horrible and then fine. He was crabby but talkative, nothing was right but he wanted to go......oh yeah. As soon as we got there he wanted me to call someone to drive the hour up and drive him home, he said "tell them to hurry"! Well we went up to the 7th floor to see who was around. We saw the lovely Denise...HI!!!! He said hi to some of his nurses and Dr. Neely and Dr. Khan. We got to see Katrina and Diane from child life too. It was nice but very weird. I don't think we have been away from them for this long since Jed got sick. So after our trip upstairs Jed was recovered enough to make the ride home. We took the back way, much better scenery and we didn't have to go 90 mph. Geeze, on the way up the group was so spread out we were doing 80-90 mph to keep up. I wouldn't have cared but my helmet started to lift up and loosen up. So I spent the majority of the ride doing 90 either with my helmet flying behind me like a hood or with just 1 hand while the other one was holding the helmet on. I finally could not take it anymore, I was afraid it would fall off and hit someone behind me..Dad and Jed! We all stopped and Danny helped me fix it. We ended up right back in the pack because there were sooooo many bikes!!! Anyway we made it and the ride home was wonderful. I refuse to think about the fact that this weather will be very short lived...so sad.
Of course we got home and I suddenly remembered there was no juice, no milk, no nothin'! Jed and I went to the store.......he was crying about how bad he felt but he wanted to go to the store. He spent the whole trip telling me, where to park, what to buy, why I should by this and not that. Very interesting. We went to McDonalds for my coffee and their shakes. The closest McD's was so crowed there was no place to park. We went to the other 1 and Jed flipped out because he wanted me to go in and not the drive through...they wait on the people inside first ya know..ok. Whatever, he calmed down until they told us they were out of shakes, and yogurt fruit things and cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey they had my coffee!!!! Someone was looking out for my mental health. We came home and made our frozen pizza and the Mrs. Smith's apple pie is out of the oven waiting to be mated with the vanilla ice cream so all is well....for the moment. He is VERY moody today. And no I have not detoxed from the sugar of Halloween....next week, really! Maybe I might need rehab?? Ya right who has time!
Oh and the other slipper is FINISHED!!!!!! of course Jed had to sit down and show me how 1 was a tad bigger than the other and how I should fix that for the next pair.....next pair.HA! Now I know why I only make stuff for Livi, her stuff is small and she doesn't know if the size is off or if it's a little sideways.
I think that's it. There were a lot of bikes and a lot of toys. I bought toys I knew Jed would like to win at hospital bingo.....just in case!!
Now Jed is walking around the house telling everyone he is sorry for the way he was acting....now who feels like a creep....yup me! Oh well.
Time for pie, that makes it all better, just like cookies.
3 more days.....don't forget to VOTE!
Love Jed and Kristin
some pics under here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jed! All the guys from Acacia are getting ready for the upcoming canning trip. We will work hard as usual and should be very successful. Hope you're as excited as we are to go make some money! Just to let you know I've been practicing my Wii skills because you embarassed me last time. Have a good week Jed! - Ryan