Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hi guys,
So no chemo today. His white count is now .4. Maybe next week??? Wait and see... as usual. He was pretty perky when he heard the news that we could leave! We went up to the pulmonary lab so he could get his inhaled antibiotic before we ran out of there. He was actually pretty perky on the ride up to clinic. He was singing and playing his DS. I on the other hand was hyperventilating! The chemo Jed was supposed to get today takes ALL day and the later we are getting there the later the nurses have to stay at the end of the day , we were late getting out of the house...surprise. Then of course there was traffic,,,stupid people. The left lane is for PASSING, if you are not passing move over, you are not the only person on the road!!!! On top of the usual fun I forgot to pick up his EMLA creme the night before so we had to wait in clinic for an hour until his port site was numb, and that deviation in his clinic ritual sends him into high anxiety mode. Such a relief to pull into the parking lot and thank god for Holly... she fixed him! After all these years you'd think I'd have all this stuff down pat....nope not me! Oh well. I do try though!
So after we left clinic we went to the mall so he could return a game that didn't work and stopped at Target to pick up some pictures...then I remembered at the last minute I mail ordered them...:). We stopped at the grocery store and headed home. Busy day for Jed! He was tired when we got home. He had his PJ pants on in less than 5 minutes after walking in the door! He has the beginnings of an infection on his big toe..ingrown toenail, I'm sure it's my fault. He has to soak it in Epsom salt and he has an oral antibiotic to take. The fun part is that this drug only comes in liquid (which he WILL NOT take) and a capsule which he says he CAN"T swallow. Nothing like adding 1 more little stressor to the mix. Fun
We ran out to give Hop a ride just a little bit ago. Mommo's car will be finished tomorrow..new computer thing. It has been a little scary, since Jed got sick and my old Subaru fell apart we are working with 1 car (Danny rides his bike a lot) then mom's car went on the fritz and then I hit the curb and flattened my tire....we were down to 1 car for all 4 of us! My car has a new shiny tire and mom's car will be picked up tomorrow so there is a little more of a buffer! I was afraid if Dad's car had a problem we would be down to just motorcycles...and it's cold! The days of Danny riding his bike are going away...so Jed and I will be hanging out here...(that's fine with Jed)! Savannah is home most days by noon so if I really need something I have her car. depending on where she goes to college I might have her car a lot! It really is getting cold out....i dislike that very much.
Jed and Danny are watching Get Smart right now. But they are both talking so much I'm not sure how they can follow the movie!
I mentioned before that a family we met in the hospital, Emily and James Alivia's parents, had adopted a baby boy. Well, 5 days before he was legally theirs his birth mother came and got him. How cruel is that? From what I have heard she is not mother of the year ( to all her other kids). That child could not have had a better home than with Emily and James. How much is 1 family supposed to handle? Loosing Alivia is beyond comprehension and now they have lost this baby that has been theirs for a couple of months now. I can't think of anything more hurtful. It's so sad. Cross your fingers, maybe she will change her mind..AGAiN.
well I guess that's all the news here and I have vented so it's all good now. I hope all of you are doing well....stay warm.
Love Jed and Kristin

No comments: