Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hey all. an update....... Jed felt pretty good this weekend. Yesterday he hung out and slept most of the day & then I took him out to eat......I had dessert & coffee, he had a steak and half my dessert! oh and his usual spinach cheese dip appetizer stuff. I should buy stock in our local restaurants! It seems to be our biggest expense! Food just tastes better out somewhere...unless it's at my mom's. Eating out seems to make Jed very happy and that is our main goal here!
Everyone slept late yesterday.....except me so everyone was up very late last night...2-3am, I just wanted to go to sleep but EVERYONE was so loud! Today we got up and drove to Penn State for the Family Carnival. They unveiled the 2009 logo, I posted it under here. It's pretty cool. The kid has a knight's helmet on like in the 4 diamonds story. We met Brent at The Waffle Shop for breakfast, Jed cannot go to to PSU without eating there. Jed had a blast, he played with all his "people"! He wore himself out! We left about 4pm and stopped at McDonald's...of course. He ate his Happy Meal and was asleep in 20 mins! It snowed on the way home, it didn't stick to the road, just made seeing hard. It was very windy and as we were going up the mountain the temp went from 39 to 29, thank goodness it went back up again as we got further south. Savannah and Newman (Katie) followed us, nothing like driving in zero visibility over a windy, snowy mountain while you stare in your rear view mirror to make sure your kid is ok! and then I did one of those weird things that I think only parents of sick kids do, Jed had been sleeping for over 2 hours and had not moved so as we were flying down the highway I casually reached over and felt his wrist....for a pulse, sick I know but...well, oh well. He was fine by the way! So we are home, and Jed is awake...he had a long nap! He is very tired though and kinda pale. We had to stop at my parents on the way home because he knew he was missing a pork chop dinner there today and wanted to pick up a to-go bag!
So, the carnival was fun...as always and it was great to see everyone....as always and the new logo is cool. Now both kids want the new logo t-shirts!
I am going to try to convince Jed to go to sleep so then maybe I can too.....geeze i hope! as soon as Savannah sends me the pics I will put them up. oh and she applied to Penn State yesterday!
Love Jed and Kristin

No comments: