Friday, February 11, 2011

Beautiful People, Beautiful Days....

Jed102

THON is coming...... THON is coming......
Next week at this time we will be submersed in the wild, all consuming world of THON. I am excited, as always but also nervous. Last year I was so numb, I barely cried. Just a little bit here and there. I spent most of my time looking for Jed, wondering if he was hungry, tired, needed to sit, needed a drink or if I had to rescue someone from his love of squirt guns. That was the unbearable part. Being there, in Jed's favorite place.....with no Jed. Being numb was a blessing. My stomach has been hurting for 2 weeks worrying if I will again be numb...I really hope so. (my stomach hurting doesn't stop me from eating...so no backhanded benefit) This will be the Cope's 1st THON, they will learn THON in Jaz's memory. It will be difficult, Jaz was so geared up to be there, it was her ONLY wish. Her brother's will have a ball & all the love in that place will hold us up. We will celebrate our children and all they have given and continue to give. Aaahhh the emotional overload.
On top of that you add Savannah dancing & speaking....now my stomach really hurts. Thank god she has so many THON vets that come and take care of her. She and Brianna will be in good hands.
Meanwhile Savannah is in media mode. Interviews, emails, she really is a Rock Star. Whoever would have thought I could have 2 such amazing kids. Wow, pretty cool. I just stand back and watch her do her thing knowing that it's her talent and hard work, her drive and ambition, and Jed's guiding light shining on her
. Jed loves his sister being in the spotlight. and I love that through her, Jed will never be forgotten. She is amazing.
Well now I have to go do more homework. There is a lot...oh yipee :) No Dean's list for me this semester....but that is more than fine. I just want to get through.
So I will leave you with some video entertainment, my son and my father, trash talking about their BOWLING skills...no really...



Jed, it's not getting any easier...just harder. I sometimes cannot believe it could be...and then a new day comes and it is harder, the missing is bigger.....everyday.
THON is coming Mr. Rock Star!

Mommy Loves You ...forever
Love J & K

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think he let me win at times and when i got a big head he dropped the hammer and giggled,gave me the DON'T MESS WITH ME LOOK.My,My