Friday, February 15, 2008

HEY! Guess where we are? HOME!!!! Yea. As of this morning at about 11, I really thought we were staying another day. He was crying, he didn't feel well and he was worried he would get home and feel horrible. He was a mess. Then it's like a switch is flipped in his head and he gets up and dressed and is ready to go. We left the hospital about 4:30, we dropped Danny at home and went to Grace's for the last part of her mom's wake. Jed wanted to go along, he was a big hit! Everyone was so glad to see him! We went to Nana and Pappaw's after that and to Mommo and Hop's. Mommo made him her famous chicken casserole with low fat stuff, he was in heaven! So as of now all is good. I have to start giving him a shot every night to bring his blood counts up. It lasts from 7 to 10 days. Thank goodness this med doesn't burn like the other.
So now we can chill at home and get ready for THON!!!!!! Yea, he has heard from so many people saying they can't wait to see him and we can't wait to see all of them.
I forgot to say Happy Valentine's Day to everyone yesterday...so there it is! Danny came up last night and brought us balloons, cards and Jed a stuffed bear puppet thing.
Tomorrow morning is Savannah's driver's test! Whoo Hooo! Then she is going with my mom to Baltimore for the 3D ultrasound thing Tiersa is having, I was going to go but I REALLY need to come home and sleep for awhile! Sometimes I have no problem being up there but this time I wanted to leave sooo badly and I just could not sleep.
Thanks to all of our awesome nurses and aides, they always take such great care of us. We love them. I think that's it for now. Love to you, Jed and Kristin

P.S. Dad, Jed says if you dress like a cheerleader for THON you will clear out the BJC so it's probably not a great idea. oh man would you make an ugly cheerleader!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Hi Jed and Kristin!!

So glad to hear you made it home today, Jed!! You are quite the fighter. Rest up and get ready for next weekend!! We all CANNOT WAIT to see your smiling face in ONE week! (how exciting). I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to call you today Kristin, but I was so excited to see on here that you guys made it home! You take it easy and get some rest too! This time next weekend... :)

Have a good one,
Liz Nolan