Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Howdy.
Today was spinal tap day. Jed did wonderfully..as always. His "personal nurse" Holly got him all ready and walked us up to the OR. Carol, the nurse in the OR got him all settled, she even showed him the sea shells she picked up in Mexico before they knocked him out. Dr. Powell did his spinal and all was well!
We went up to the 7th floor after Jed woke up. Man he loves to hold on to that anaesthetic! I wait for awhile but after more than 1/2 an hour I have to start opening his eyes, shaking the bed, tickling his nose, anything to wake him up! So after sleeping beauty woke from his nap we went up to see Jackson.
He is still fighting. He was drinking his milk and watching Scooby-doo and twirling his mommy's hair. His Nona was there too. I can't imagine how exhausted they are and how sad. Oh my, I can't even really start to think about the depth of what they are loosing. It is not something I can wrap my mind around. Little kids should not suffer...for any reason.
Ya know, my Grandma is in the hospital and so is my best friend's mom, they are in their 80s. I love my Gram and will miss her sooo much. I lived with her when I was small and spent my summer vacations with her for many years but she is over 80 and I think she is ready to go. The same is true with my friend's mom. But dammit, Jackson is 3...3 years old, that is just so wrong.
Sorry, just venting.
Anyway back to the good stuff, today was moving day on the 7th floor. Our wing got some much needed minor updates including flat screen TVs!!! And the best part...the remotes will have numbers so you don't have to go all the way around the channels if you miss what you want! I am hoping for a better light over my bench and maybe the air vent won't be right above my head! I always freeze while Jed is sweaty! Jed was hoping for Tempra pedic matteresses....I don't think he is getting that...but we will be happy with any improvement!
Jed looks great, he is feeling good, his counts are good. He is getting stronger everyday. So hey what else could I ask for right?!
We go in next Tuesday for a few days of chemo, I hope we are out before Sat. Savannah is taking her driver's test that morning!!!! Yea, just in time for musical season! Holy moly, Savannah is going to drive a car, good god, how did she get so old? When did that happen?!
Oh my, see ya later. Love Jed and Kristin (again, the spell check button is not working!)

1 comment:

Meg said...

Oh Kristen.....our Grandma's. What a tough time we've all had. It will only get better I keep reminding myself. So glad to hear Jeddy Spaghetti is getting better every day. I need to slap a kissy on that shiny dome. All my love to you and to Jackson's family. I think of them daily. Mom and Dad send all their love and misses to Jed.