Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hey. well the day was not as long as anticipated. His ANC is only 300, it was 500 2 weeks ago! They took him off all chemo over 3weeks ago to get his counts to come up, um, not working yet! He did get vincristine today but not the cytoxin....that's the one that takes hours. He had his inhaled antibiotic today also. He is not fond of that. He threw a little tantrum, said he was not going and no one could make him. I told him that I couldn't make that call he would have to talk to the Dr. He said "no you tell him"...of course! Holly and I decided that instead of arguing with Jed we would just send in the Dr. Dr Unger came in and said "Jed, get up and go to pulmonary...now"! He gave him the option of getting this antibiotic IV....it takes over 2 hrs. Jed decided to put up with the inhaled variety...it only takes 25 mins. After we left he started talking and has talked non stop since! His anxiety gets so bad it makes him nauseous, increases his pain and just sends him over the edge and as soon as everything is over and he is finished he is fine! I feel so bad for him but at the same time he drives us all nuts because we know that he makes himself feel worse by getting so strung out. But I guess if I was him I would most likely be the same way.
This chemo will be skipped and not made up.....that kinda bothers me but that is how the protocol is written.
The good part is that he should not be very sick for THON. The vincristine he got today will probably bother him for a few days, it sometimes flairs up his pain issues but it doesn't usually make him pukey for any period of time....thank goodness! We are ready for THON!!!!!! YEA, 3 days away!!!!! Savannah sings Sunday between 10am-10:30am. Go to THON.org and click on the live feed and watch her! Totals will be announced at 4pm Sunday. Check it out!
Ok, gotta go, I want to nap but I need to get on the treadmill, I have NOT been a good weight watcher this week at all!
Love Jed and Kristin

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just learned the line dance last night and it is great! So excited for THON in 3 days!! Hope you are too.

Liz said...

HI JED!!

I'm sitting here packing my bag for the weekend and ....I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU (ALL OF YOU) THIS WEEKEND!!!!! I am so excited. I don't think me or momiss have been able to sleep all week out of excitement. It doesn't seem like its actually this weekend...(finally). Get ready for a weekend full of catch phrase and circles of keeping the ball up!!!! See you SO SOON :) Miss and love you lots!

Liz :)