Monday, February 16, 2009

Hi all. Busy weekend. 4 PSU students stayed with us to can in the area. Savannah canned with them and they raised over $1,800 even though they usually have 9 or 10 people and another group tried to take over the intersection we always use! They came Friday night and Jed kept them up late playing Wii, Saturday while they were canning Jed spent some time at my parents and then after they finished canning they took him out for pizza. He was up late again that night too. Sunday they canned and decide to leave before 12. It was cold and the traffic was sparse. Danny, Jed, Savannah and I rode with mom to pick up Gram and we all went to Jack's memorial service. Gram was so glad we all came. My cousin Suzy (pregnant, working, small child at home that was sick and a husband in college and also working) managed to drive over from Rockville, Md. It was so wonderful that she came. All of us being there was very important to Gram. Jack was a very important part of her life for over 10 years and he was a part of ours too. I can't believe she thought we might not come....I'm not sure why that would be an option? Like my cousin said "is it convenient? no, but death is not usually convenient"! I agree. Sometimes there are things to do that you don't really want to do but they are important to a loved one so you just do it. Jed knew this and he is 11! When I told him Jack was gone he said right away that he was going to the "service thing" because A (gram) would need him there! He did want to know if it was one of those things where you had to look at the dead person! He said " I don't get it, why look at the person? They are dead and I don't think they want to be looked at"! It was just a memorial service though! It did prove to be more than Jed bargined for. He stared stressing on the way down, Savannah came with us so of course they had to start going at it before we even all got into the car. He probrably should not have gone, just for the stress factor but it would have been much worse if I had told him he could not go. He was upset the whole way home and when he found out that Chick fil lay was closed on Sunday's and we could not stop then he really fell apart! He cried the whole way home and for a good half an hour after we got home. He said his ear was burning,and swollen and he couldn't hear and his stomach hurt, he was dizzy and sick. after he started to calm down I put some neosporin in his ear and he was better. We went to Long John Silver's...YUCK, he and Danny got fish, chicken for Savannah and I. Jed was much better after that. He gets himself so worked up and then he just has to go and go until he is wiped out. He said later that as the service was going on he realized that Jack really was gone and he wasn't coming back. He was also worried about Gram. He kept saying he was sorry over and over, of course then I REALLY felt like crap for letting him drive me nuts! He is still sleeping now! Needless to say it was interesting and tiring but I am glad we went. I still just don't understand the meanness between Savannah and Jed. When Jed says "hey Savannah" she says "what" like she wants to kill him....no matter what the situation is. They cannot be in the same room or car together without acting like 2 year olds. It really is getting to be more than I can handle. i just leave the room or try to ignore them. Arguing is ok, I can deal with it but it's the meanness and the hatefulness, the sound of how they speak to each other is unreal. At 11 and ALMOST 18 you would think they could control themselves. I don't get it.
Anyway enough of that, it's not like talking about it can make it better, it is just getting worse.
So that's all for now. Jed has an all day chemo tomorrow, I think he is suppossed to have his inhaled antibiotic also but I don't know how that will work. Friday he has a GI appointment to address this stomach pain and we will leave right from there to head to State College for THON!!!!! Yea!!! We are so excited. We will be gone until Sunday night. I am just happy to go somewhere!!!!!
Gotta go get on the treadmill ( I ate all weekend) and then wake up Big Jed!
Love Jed and Kristin

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey guys, Can you believe THON is in 4 days?!?! its crazy! me and liz were sad we couldn't be there this weekend, but we had to mentally and physically prepare for this dancing thing. Hopefully we make it through the whole weekend. Can't wait to see you guys again!!!
Love,
Momiss

Anonymous said...

Hey there,

Sorry for your families loss. And your right, death is never convenient.

As for the arguing kids- don't worry- they really don't mean anything by it. It's just an act. My sister and I spend an entire 3 day weekend together and from an outsiders point of view they probably think we were fighting, but we weren't, that's just sibling language. haha.

Can't wait to see you this weekend for THON. I have work until late Friday night, so I won't be around until Sat. You know the number though!

See you soon!

Christie

Anonymous said...

Are you guys OK......Have not heard from U'all in a bit??????
Trish