Friday, February 6, 2009

Hi ya. Yeah I made it through 10 paid working days!!! I know that is very pathetic but....oh well. As long as all my leave papers are approved I should be off until the 1st week of august. We shall see! I hate to make definite statements because they always come back to bite me!!!!
Jed did well today with Hop. It was supposed to be their last day hangin' out but turns out I need him tomorrow! Mom and I are going to look at old people homes.......not as bad as it sounds really, for my Gram Martin. We would like her to be closer to us by the end of the summer. She is in Towson right now, about an hour from us. I can't imagine how hard it will be for her to leave that place. She has lived there over 50 years I think. She needs to be closer to us now though, she is 85 and her significant other has entered hospice for late stage prostrate cancer. When he is gone she will be alone..that's just to dangerous. Gram and Jack have been together longer than Danny and I have. They have been great friends and partners for each other for over 10 years. When my grandfather died in 1994 we were very worried about Gram being alone but she started dancing every night of the week and that's where she met Jack. I know they have given each other much joy and how wonderful for them to have that from their 70's into their 80's. She even took him to Vegas for her 80th birthday! I can't imagine how hard it will be for her to lose him. He has been a great gift. at first it was very weird to see her with someone that was not Granddad but I know we all came to appreciate him for his dedication to Gram. He will be missed. So we are visiting independent living places to find a good one for Gram. It has to be a place where she has her own apartment and if needed 24 hr access to on site medical care, it also has to be a place we like!!! No weird old people homes...they smell icky.
Danny has to take the doggie to the vet, he has a thyroid condition and needs regular blood work and meds!!!!!!! When we found out the dog was going to need ongoing medical care I told Dan he was going to have to do it because I just couldn't! Too many meds to keep straight.
Jed will get to spend another day with Hop!!!
Thanks to my "team" at work for making my 10 days tolerable.....mostly mom! They gave me the easy jobs, making sure I couldn't harm myself or others!
Oh, hey Ralph...see you said if I need anything to call you...I'm calling! That computer thing we talked about is it .com or .org there seems to be both and I want to make sure I get the right one! Actually if you email me can you explain the whole process again!!! I'm sorry, I am only good for 1 task at a time! Thanks so much!
I want to again ask everyone to send loving thoughts and strength to Pete and Trish and their family as they pass the 1 year date of losing Jackson. Jackson was a whirlwind of a boy and we are so fortunate to be able to say he was our friend.
Love Jed and Kristin

No comments: