Monday, February 9, 2009

Hi ya. all is well here. Today Mom, Jed and I went to Baltimore to pick up my Gram and bring her up to look at the independent living place we found for her. Her Jack passed away Saturday evening. She is ok, just very grateful for all the wonderful years they were given. We are relieved that he didn't linger and suffer.
So, Gram loved the place we showed her. It's Country Meadows in Leaders Heights. The only apartment coming available is the biggest unit. That's exactly what she wants! It's 1 bedroom, a full kitchen, living room, dining room (den) and a bath and a 1/2. She took the tour, got all the info and wrote the deposit check. They are putting in new carpet and painting the cabinets, it should all be finished by the end of the week!!!!! She doesn't have to move in right away though, thank goodness. The woman has 8 big closets in her house and everyone is packed with clothes and shoes! She has mucho pairing down to do! When we took her home we went around and tagged all the the stuff she wanted to take with her. In the coming weeks we will help her get stuff organized, get a moving company...Megan????? and Dad has an auction house coming to pick up all the unwanted stuff to sell. I think it won't be long and she will be living up here! Mom can just go 1 more exit on the highway on the way home from work and pick her up for dinner! The activity calender for this place is crazy! Way more of a social life than I have. Jed was reading her the list of things to do....he was amazed that they have Happy Hour 3 nights a week and cocktail night once a week! He just thought that was so cool. He is feeling pretty good. We are trying to get a GI appointment set up for this week. This stomach thing comes and goes but it just needs to be gone! I hope we can figure out what the issue is.
I think that is about it for now. Treadmill time for me. I told Jed that when I lose 10lbs we can go to Teresa's (a local pizza sub shop) for big fried shrimp subs, pizza and onion rings!!!!!! a little counterproductive I know but hey it's a great goal! 4 more to go...I hate to tell Jed, but that is at least a month...well knowing me it might be never! Poor Jed!
Gotta go, No chemo tomorrow but I have a dr appt! Have to get all my leave papers together...again.
Love Jed and Kristin

No comments: