Friday, February 20, 2009

Hi, I am up and packing for THON!!!!!!!! Yay, this is like a very busy family vacation for us! Jed worked hard until late last night to get most of his homework finished for Monday night school. He got all his clothes out for packing.....he is ready~! We are leaving around 11am and heading to Hershey first. Jed has an appointment with a GI doctor at 12:30, of course after almost 3 years of constant stomach pain of one sort or another last night he says " my stomach hasn't hurt all week" ....of course it hasn't, we have a Dr ready to look at it! Oh well, I'm very glad that it isn't hurting him now but if I cancel this appointment it will definitely start hurting tonight!! Cross your fingers that he does not catch anything while at THON! His ANC is only 300 so that puts him at risk but last year the nurses at clinic were not thrilled that he was going at all...i don't think his ANC was even 100 and he did fine. He should be ok this year too...right?! Lots of hand sanitizer~!
After his Dr appointment we are off to State College and the wonderful craziness of THON. Remember go to THON.org and watch the live feed, it starts tonight at 6pm. Sunday between 10 and 10:30 Savannah will be singing and at 4pm they announce this years total. Last year we beat the previous year by 1 million!!!!!!! We all are prepared for less this year though, that's ok, anything is good. for those unaware all money raised goes to the 4 Diamonds Fund which helps all children and their families treated at Hershey Med center for cancer. The money goes for research, support for the hem/oc team, Dr nurses, child life experts and financial help with medical bills not covered by insurance. They also give us gas vouchers for family to travel back and forth to Hershey and meal cards so the parents don't have to pay for meals while staying in the hospital. There are many more things they help with and all the money is raised by Penn State students. It is a wonderful thing. Through this research the help extends far beyond Hershey Med Center.
Ok, so I have to go pack. I am taking my laptop with me so I hope to update with some pics while we are there.
gotta go..........
love Jed and Kristin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jed! I'm at THON, working the info booth. I'm sorry I missed you this evening but I will see you tomorrow. I am also wearing the FANTASTIC bracelet you made! I love it, I am never taking it off. I have been showing it off to everyone. See you tomorrow!

-Amanda B