Sunday, February 1, 2009

Hey. So, I just don't know what is going on with Jed. He has been feeling progressively worse as the week goes on. He is complaining that his stomach hurts..that has been going on forever, it comes and goes, the pain gets very bad and then not so bad. The newest thing is his arm, or I guess I should say arms. Sometimes it's just 1 but sometimes it's both, near his shoulder, says it hurts to lift his arms. Then there is his tooth, well as of now it's the hole where the tooth was. He was scheduled to go to the dentist a couple of weeks ago but we were up until 5am that day and his appointment was at 8...we had to cancel. The molar came out the other day but the pain is still bad. If it was any other kid I would say "suck it up, rinse your mouth out with salt water" but with Jed I am always afraid it is something worse than just loosing a tooth and I'm always afraid it will turn into something bad. He is also VERY tired and clingy and weepy. I thought earlier in the week it was just because I was working and not home but I know it's more than that, he really is feeling bad. He takes chemo meds every night and on Tuesdays he takes 21 pills of methotrexate, so he is getting chemo, I'm sure that has a lot to do with feeling bad but this seems different. I don't know maybe I am just overly worried because I am not here all day right now. I have managed to get some sleep this weekend, both nights I think I slept at least 5 hrs straight,.,,,, that is wonderful! This morning he came in at 6:30am saying he needed pain meds and a benidryl because the morphine makes him itchy. I hate to give that to him in the morning because he will sleep all day but I can't argue with him it just upsets him too much. He did ask me, while I was sitting there waiting for him to fall asleep, if you could die if you took too many benidryl. I told him he was fine, he was worried because he had 1 last night about 7pm, another about 11pm and then 1 at 6:30 am. I told him he was fine, not to worry about it. What other 11yr old thinks of that kinda stuff?
Savannah is still working on her room, Hop is going to fix the hole in her floor tomorrow so she can paint it. I think she is going to IKEA today to pick up the rug she wants when she gets off work. She has to get it finished because we have Penn State kids coming in a couple of weeks for a canning trip. THON will be here soon....Feb 20th, the link for THON is on the right, check it out if you don't know what I'm talking about.
I have to work until the end of this week, then I will put in for another leave from work. Tuesday we have clinic. Jed said he might want to go up tomorrow instead because he feels so bad, he will have to let me know tonight so I can stay home in the morning. I guess I just have to wait and see.
Is it going to snow here or what? One person says yes a huge storm, another says flurries...make up your mind people! I am hoping for NO SNOW!!!! Our back gate is frozen closed, everthing is covered in ice, it melts and then refreezes.....yuck
Ok, enough whining, I have laundry and dishes to do
Love Jed and Kristin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

UGH!, to everything.
Feel better Jed.
Kristin that sick feeling a mom of a sick kid gets when they think something could be wrong. HATE IT!
BUT everything is fine get sleep.
trish

Unknown said...

Hey guys! Just wanted to say we're thinking about you and hoping Jed feels better... Can't wait for THON in a few weeks! Hope to see you then.
melissa

Anonymous said...

Get better soon Jed I don't want to see you as a patient.