Thursday, July 23, 2009

Howdy folks. SOOO, here's the news....there is no bone involvement (my big worry), no bad teeth, no abscess. It is just a small soft tissue infection that is taking a long time to heal because his counts were so low. Big sigh. I could almost pass out from relief. The plan now is, they will check his counts in the morn (they didn't do them today), and he is working on weaning himself off the iv pain meds. If all looks good tomorrow, the swelling on his jaw is down and the pain is controlled we can get out on Saturday!!! YAY! Thanks for all the well wishes and good vibes...always works.
I'll let ya'll know what's happening.
Love Jed and Kristin
ok an addendum to this post: the attending Dr just came in. He said the same thing the resident told me but when I said I was so relieved it was not a relapse he came over to quietly talk to me while his sidekick Dr. talked to Jed to distract him. The dr said to me " anything like this can be a relapse that is not detectable yet, you might want to mention to Jed that that is always a concern but as of now that's not what's happening". So now, I still feel relieved but no as euphoric. They are checking his counts now, if he has enough neutraphils they are going to give him a sronger antibiotic that is more narrow to really get rid of whatever infection is in there. His thought is that the broad spectrum ones he is on right now are just keeping the infection in check but not really getting rid of it. so, still YAY but also a little of oh F'...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

STOP IT! IT AIN'T A HAPPENING!
TRISH

Anonymous said...

Stay strong & positive! You know that he will beat this thing!! Jed's Special Forces are too powerful to let anything get in the way at this point!!!
Love from the Althoffs