Thursday, July 16, 2009

Well here we are...back in Hershey Med. He has a fever, needs more blood and is having some pain. So we are in bat cave 7262.he is getting an antibiotic and pain meds and will get blood sometime between now and tomorrow morning. I was feeling bitchy and a little pissed off but across the hall is a girl that is 9, she relapsed the 1st time in the middle of her 1st round of treatment. Since march she has relapsed 2 more times...3 relapses all together. She is due to have a bone marrow transplant on the 29th of this month but now has a vicious form of pneumonia that they are having a hard time treating and they can't get her back into remission to go to transplant. SOOO, I gave myself a little mental shake and repeated the mantra I use here....we are very lucky, there are so many kids so much sicker, Jed will be fine.
Jed WILL be fine, just have to get rid of whatever bug he has and get his white count up to a whole 1. Right now it is .1.
Denise, housekeeper extrodanair, waited for us to get up here before she left for the day. I hope she does not leave this floor before we are finished with treatment! Bubba, another housekeeper was in here talking to Jed about fishing...he is over 6'3", huge guy and when he left he told Jed "if you want anything from downstairs just call me I'll get you whatever you want, I love you guys"!
So in the grand scheme of things just a small bump in the road.
Hate these freakin' bumps though!
Love J & K

No comments: