Sunday, July 12, 2009

Jed, Holly and Baby Adam!
Hey. So the end of another nice weekend. This summer is going fast. Friday after Jed had school we picked up DJ and went swimming. The boys had a blast. They played in the creek and then played in the pool..giggling all day! Friday night Jed stayed with my parents while I rode with Danny to Gettysburg to check out the bike stuff. Saturday Jed opted to go back to my parents because he didn't feel like riding. Dan and I rode back up to Gettysburg to basically do the same stuff we did the night before....look at stuff and look at bikes and look at all the weird people! Jed was thrilled because when I dropped him at mom's Livi-Mac was there. They both stayed for the day and both napped through the afternoon!! Today was a wash. I took 2 benadryl last night, because I have had this weird itchy rash on my legs for 2 weeks, so I had a benadrly hang over all day. My kids take the stuff so often that it doesn't bother them at all! I could have slept all day. I managed to go the the grocery store..that's about it. Jed had a headache when I woke him at 9 so he slept all day. He was awake enough to talk to DJ for a minute than he went right back to sleep. He came down for dinner, turkey burgers and corn. He ate a half of a burger and 2 pieces of corn and now he just headed right back up. The headache thing is weird. He rarely gets them and he has not had a spinal tap in many weeks. He looks kinda pale. I'm sure his counts have taken a dive since Tuesday. I will be surprised if he gets all his chemo on Tuesday. I want to take the boys to the aquarium soon but Jed has to be able to do all the walking. I guess we'll see.
Oh, I don't know if I mentioned or not but when we were at clinic on Tuesday nurse Holly came in with her new baby Adam. He is so cute, like a tiny little man. Jed called him Benjamen Buttons. Oh god, thank goodness Holly loves him, she can over look his lack of tact! She sat with us in the infusion room and fed the baby while Jed finished his chemo...it was a great diversion! It was so nice to see them. Holly won't be back until September now because baby Adam needs some surgery. The little bones in his head are fused together so they are going to, I don't know loosen them up or open them or something. It just sounded terrifying but supposedly it is not an uncommon event. We hope for a smooth and quick recovery.
Well, now I think I'm finished. Savannah and Kourt are hanging out in the kitchen. Just like when they were in elementary school! Kourt lived a block or so down the street then. She moved to a sub-division for a few years and now her mom bought a house across the ally from me. The girls say we are "butt neighbors"..nice. They are spending a lot of time together right now. Kourtney leaves in the fall for college, she is going somewhere near Pittsburg.
I need to get on my treadmill but the benadryl seems to still be making me slow, good excuse.
Gotta Go, love J & K

No comments: