Tuesday, December 7, 2010

How happy does that kid look? No one can argue that she is HIS baby. :)
look at the fuzzy hair. love his long fingers. Oh Jeddie...

I had 4 of my 6 cavities filled today. I am trying to fix the damage of 3 years of neglect and a diet of coca-cola, sweat tea & rice krispie treats.

I don't really have much to say. Oh, thanks mom for dinner every week. It is awesome. That reminds me......
If you know someone that has a sick child or has lost a child offer to pick up or drop off or babysit the other siblings , so the parent can take a nap, or a shower or go to the store alone or just sit and stare at the wall if that is what they need to do. You could go to the store for them, go do their laundry, clean their kitchen, ask their kids what they like to eat and make it for them all, put their trash out, rake their leaves. Tell them, I want to take your kids for a few hours what day is best. Don't just keep saying "call me if you need me", I'm here for you" offer to do specific things or ask, ask what is something that if they didn't have to do it would make their day a bit easier. I didn't have younger children at home but if I did I think I would have loved someone to say, "on Thursdays I am picking your kids up after school, I will bring them back at bed time". Do it every week or even every other or even JUST ONCE. Don't make them ask, or tell you what to do...that is the most exhausting thing. Knowing everyone loves you is nice but making any decisions or asking for something is hard and tiring and damn near impossible.
Oh and one more thing, this might sound harsh and I am not demeaning any one's grief but don't say you know how they feel because you miss your grandma or even your parents. No matter how close you were it was not your child.....there is no comparison...unless you have lost a child you cannot, in any way relate. Ok, that is my rant for the day.

Baby Jed, mommy misses you more than words can explain. It's not easier and I am realizing it will never be. I just keep remembering that you are ok and that I WILL be with you at some point. Everyday down is a day closer to you.
Mommy loves you Jeddie
Love J & K

1 comment:

Becky said...

Personally, I hate most of the 'accepted' sentiments you're supposed to mutter when speaking with someone who just lost a loved one. You know the 'he's in a better place' or the 'I'm sorry for your loss'. I've just now learned to not rant at people when they say that when they learn my father passed away....over 20 years ago.
Mostly I just start out with "I don't know what to say". And I still don't.
xoxo