Thursday, December 2, 2010

Today was a long day. It was great to, once again, see the dedication and love from our PSU family. We are so grateful to all of them. They continue to be there....even under the worst circumstances.
We celebrated Jaz's life today. It was lovely. Long...but lovely. Yes, I know everyone does these things differently and I have a very short attention span. I behaved, for the most part, I sat still and tried not to fidget. Seeing some of our nurses today was great, I miss them all. Many people got up and spoke. Savannah was wonderful....and so was Mr. Mead....of course. (not that I am biased toward those two). There were funny stories and touching remembrances. All perfect for a wonderful girl. At the cemetery, Savannah walked up the hill with Jared where they left flowers for his sister Jenn. I know Savannah is exhausted and I am tired. Jay and Tammy and their family must really be wiped out.
I dug out "the dress" today. I wish if I threw it away kids would stop dieing. I bought this dress years ago thinking my grandmother might go soon and I should have something to wear...little did I know that 3 years later Gram would still be with us and I would have worn that dress to the services of 3 children, one being my own. I guess you really have no idea what is around the corner.

Jed129
I miss you my funny friend. No matter how bad things were as long as you were with me I was ok. Now things are bad...and I don't have the comfort of being with you. I miss your funny smile and your smart mouth, your crazy comments and your twisted view of the world. I miss your sweet self, watching Family Guy, the Simpsons and jimmy newtron, Johnny test, spongebob, even chowder. There is nothing that I do not miss...every second of everyday. I am just glad you are safe and healthy and happy. We took flowers over tonight...from Jaz's service. They are a bit girlie but you like pretty flowers. Mommy loves you baby Jed...always....forever.
Love J & K

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristin...oh, what can I say, except that your blogs are meant to be read because they are so "real", and a reminder that to "fret" anything is a senseless "stench" of wasted time when considering the perspective of the beautifully fragrant lives of these precious, young saints. I do believe with all my heart they they are fully alive, exhuberant with health and joy. My heart is always with you...you have taught me so much, dear.
Love you, Susan