Monday, January 24, 2011

srblack and white

I stole this picture from Savannah....Jared took it....I love it.

I don't have much to say. Missing my Jed more than I thought possible. It really gets harder everyday....dear god.
Oh wait I do have something..of course.....
When I came out of my first class and hiked to the back parking lot there was a girl changing a tire on her VW bug. I asked her if I could help, she was almost finished but I held the tire to line up the lug nut holes. She said I was the only person that asked her if she needed help. Another girl came over while I was there to help. So, as at least 50-60 people came out and got in their cars not one person asked her if they could help. Who raises these kids? If I found out a child of mine walked by someone and did not offer to help I would flip. Either one of them. We used to tell Savannah all the time that "pretty is as pretty does, you cannot be pretty outside if you are not pretty inside." I was so worried about raising a kind caring boy when Jed was born. I wanted him to not feel the need to be competitive or macho or mean. I taught him that being kind and caring makes you a better human and a better man. Maybe I just got lucky and both my children had that temperament but that was a BIG deal to me. I wanted kind children, caring human beings. The girl with the flat said a group of guys even stood there and watched for a bit. Who raises these boys? Who raised the girls that walked right by? No I am not perfect and I am sure there have been many times where I could have helped and didn't but good god this girl was in the middle of a huge parking lot filled with people and it was freaking cold! I was sad and disgusted when she said she had not had one offer of help. I think it is more important to raise your children to be kind and caring than to be "first", or the "best".
So between that and the weird guy in my Logic class that has a back pack big enough to hide a child in, takes his shoes off, takes up a whole table and taps on his computer through the entire class, the first half of my day was aggravating. This guy was sitting in the hall on the floor waiting for the class to open...with no shoes or socks on. UGH YUCK. oh, and he sits right in front of me. He tapped on that damn laptop and played with the chair in front of him (with his toes) for the whole class. Who raised THAT kid? He also has the lovely habit of feeling the need to clarify other people's questions to the Prof. He repeats almost every question, just rephrases it, like he is interpreting. AAHHHH
So here is a cute picture to wash that horrible visual away...
IMAGE18
Oh my....there is no child cuter...not one.

Jed, I am missing my friend. I miss all the quiet, just me and you time. Snuggled in bed while you watch TV and I read or me sitting in the chair in your room while you fall asleep even the "bench" I hate to say it, I miss my "bench", I miss the bat cave. I do not miss the pain and suffering you had to endure but those times when it was just you and me and you felt pretty good and we were just...together....I miss all the time we were together. I miss you baby Jed. Being here without you is beyond painful and lonely. I try to "move along" like one of you favorite songs say but keeping that up is almost impossible. The thought of living the rest of my life here, without you, is sickening. I will keep trying of course but it is so very hard. But I will be so happy to be with you again.
Mommy Loves You...forever
Love J & K

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i would like a 5 by 7 of srs please. if you order it from somewhere i can pick it up. thanks! oh yes I did raise a caring child. XXXOO

Anonymous said...

You have raised 2 perfect, beautiful and caring children! Savannah with her passion for life and helping children with cancer. Jed with his overwhelming need to help all of the other children on 7 with cancer above his own needs and wants!! Kristin you are a success! What a family!