Tuesday, January 4, 2011

In the true spirit of Big Jed we are helping a family down the block that lost their house in a fire last night. Actually there are 2 families. Eight people all together. we need clothing for a girl size 3T, for a boy size 8-10. Mom is a medium and Dad is a large. The other family, the mom is a medium and her 3 boys are ages 15, 19 and 20. They are fairly average sizes. These families lost everything. Questions can be asked to redlionfire2011@gmail.com. My wonderful friend, Marc Ungar is coordinating this donation drive. Any help you can give is appreciated.
fire
photo courtesy of Savannah Smith

I spent the better part of the day going through all the yarn and knitting stuff I have. I stopped knitting when I came home from the hospital. Every single thing I picked up, every book and every bag had a note of some kind in it from the hospital. Blood counts, a quick note of what meds he was on that day. A brief description of what was happening that day, etc. It was absolutely horrible. My sweet sweet boy...he was so brave and so strong and endured so much. It was a very hard day. I did clean the bathroom though. Yay me. I am trying to slowly start to do things I should be doing. I feel like I just lost Jed yesterday but I have had a couple of people say to me lately, "I guess you are still mourning?" oh and, " I guess you are still experiencing some grief." yeah....I guess. So I kind of feel like some people think I should be functioning better than I am. I mean, I thought I was doing ok...but I guess I should be doing more. I told myself I would try.....very slowly to get the house a bit straightened out....but not put pressure on myself....:) Today was hell, I can tell you that and just knowing everything I pick up or move in this house has a piece of Jed attached to it is torture. I am trying to keep myself from saving every little thing. I do NOT need pages of blood counts or little notes of meds or if Jed was throwing up on 2-21-2007. Notes like that are everywhere. It was my life and now it's not and I need to just deal with it. I would rather live in denial but I guess I am not supposed to. I have to try to get into the mindset that "Jed is with me, all the time" and just keep moving instead of only thinking of the fact that I am no longer raising my son and I cannot touch him or take care of him. It is very, very hard. The only thing I want is the only thing I cannot have. Being without my Jed and knowing I cannot be with him is pure hell. I am trying to be positive and not be stuck in that misery...oh it is hard work.....
anyway, we had dinner at Adam Tiersa and Livi-Mac's last night. Awesome fried chicken with all the fixings. It was so good I ate it for breakfast this morning.


Missing you sweet potato.....how long do I have to do this?
Mommy Loves You
Love J & K

4 comments:

Becky said...

Do it at your own pace. There is no right or wrong in grieving. And there will be good days and bad. Don't let anyone tell you anything otherwise.

Any good knitting stuff you want to share, just feel free to send my way.
xo

Anonymous said...

Oh hell it is going to be 3 years Februrary and we still have bins of stuff from hospital. I will open it up look inside ..cry and close the lid! This morning I just took JACKSON's name off of his bedroom door,,HUGE step! Replaced,well maybe wrong word, put up JORDAN's name..big big big move for me! I'm ok with it, kinda, no other choice I have to be! dish

Anonymous said...

Hugs to you and Trish both. Love, Shelly

Katie Donigan said...

UGH. Anyone that thinks you should be 'over it' by now or any such nonsense just needs a punch upside the head. And that's all I have to say about that.

Lots of love...