Tuesday, January 18, 2011

We took a big step and filed the paperwork to become official. It is a bit frightening but exciting too. As we take further steps we will keep everyone up to date. Thank you all for your support and love. We hope you'll be with us as we move forward in our plans to help other children with cancer and their families. This would not be possible without all of you and your love for Jed.

Don't forget to mark you calendars...
August 27, 2011.....
is the date for our
2nd Annual Jedediah Thomas Smith Memorial Luncheon.
We are excited and hope with your help it will be bigger and better than last year. Donations are currently being accepted for silent auction items.
At the beach

The Jedediah Thomas Smith Foundation
Battling Childhood Cancer
in Memory of Jed Smith


Email us with any question and ideas;
jtsfoundation@gmail.com
All suggestion and ideas will be gratefully accepted or you can just say hi :)

That's all for tonight. Thanks to my incredible neighbor Maggie...the chicken pot pie was Rockin'...who makes their own noodles?...holy crap. It was so yummy!

Jeddie, missing you. It is very quiet here. Give hugs to all the "J's"....now including Janiece.
Mommy Loves You Fluffy
Love J & K

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

K, I can't tell you how much it meant to me to see the picture of Jed and I at Meg's wedding. I can still remember the feeling of his shoulder under my fingers. I very much appreciated you and yours coming to Meg's, even though every time we're together it only reminds me he's not there, sorry but I can't help it. Hopefully someday the pain will pass or at least ease.

On a much lighter note I was going through some of the pictures I have at work and came across one of Jed running with the dogs over at the beagle club. I remember the day very well. It was in June and the multiflora rose was in full bloom. When the dogs run through them they become covered with the pollen. I explained it to Jed and he looked forward to the end of the run so he could smell them. When he put Jewel in her box on the truck he said, "She smells like heaven".

Would that heaven holds a smell as sweet,
as Jed and beagles at my feet.

I promised myself I'd write a poem one day about how much I loved Jed, that's all I have so far. We love you.

me said...

That is beautiful....and only OUR Jed would ever say a beagle smells like heaven...no matter how much rose pollen they are covered in. :) love you too