Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hey all. So the little walk and scooter adventure Jed took with us did him in for 2 days! He was so sore and stiff he could hardly move. We all, including Jed, need to remember that it will be a VERY long time before he is back to normal. Actually we have no idea what Jed's "normal" is! Even that short walk was WAY too much. He is better today. He went with me to get my tattoo, and then he had school this evening.
I am in no hurry to send him back to school though. They have been averaging 4-6 kids out per day in his class due to illness. What is going to happen when it really gets cold and flu season is REALLY here? Anyway I am waiting until at least Monday to send him in.
Yesterday I pulled up all my tomatoes and peppers and stuff....so sad. I am not happy that winter is coming.

summer, beautiful and green..............................winter, cold, brown & gray
oh well, I can't change it I guess at some point I will have to just accept it...uugghh.
anyway, that's the excitement here at the Buckley-Smith-Slatton abode.
Saturday we are to go to the Althoff's camp, I am hoping for nice weather. Maybe the rain will just go away. There is a music festival we were going to go to but Jed really wants to go see the Althoffs at camp so that is where we are going. I like to go too.....smoores! YUM I have made it 4 days on weight watchers and I am thinking of smoores already! There is probably no hope for me!
Gram is doing well. She had in-home care for the 1st 24 hrs after she got home but insisted on being alone after that! But the fact that she lives in Country Meadows really makes things easier, all she has to do is ring her bell if she needs help. She said her dinner table is cursed, "3 people in the hospital and 1 person died". Well Gram the one that died was in her 90s and the rest are in their late 80s so I don't think the table is cursed I think the people are just old.....it is an old people home!!!! I know sounds cold but it's true!
Savannah is feeling a little better, she is at the homecoming parade tonight. I guess she is not going with her "boy" to his homecoming..I forgot to ask!
Ok, that's all for now
Love Jed and Kristin

No comments: