Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Hey ya'll. Jed is home again today. After a few emails back and forth his nurse decided to up his zantac dose and add previcid. He took his first dose last night. I figured I would give him another day for the burning in his stomach to ease up. The teacher will be here tonight though. Also there are so many kids out sick it freaks me out a little to send him in there. Ok, ok, there is one more thing.....at 6:30 this morning when I normally get up it was so gross out I made the executive decision that we should sleep in. So it was a combination of things that are keeping us home today. We do have to go get some pumpkins to carve for Saturday and we need candy. I have not gotten any candy yet because last year I got it early and ate an entire bag of little snickers before trick or treat day. This year I am trying to limit myself to just one day of indulgence instead of all week!
I did find a great way to lose 8 lbs over night....buy a new scale!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone is always complaining (Savannah) that our scale is not right. 8-10 lbs over and sometimes you can gain 5 lbs in a day on that one. So I broke down and bought a new scale. Well eureka, I have been trying forever to see a certain number (not saying what it was) well I got on the new scale and I fell right past it!! Whoohoo, maybe I will go buy another new scale, wonder if it would work again? Everyone is happy with the new scale....Jed of course does not care, he is 5'1" and weighs about 85lbs. I want to fatten him up but we also have to be careful as cancer kids have a tendency to be over weight later in life. So we definitely have to keep watch on how he eats. He had fish the other night and because he spends so much time with me he actually reads food labels. Unlike his sister who gets ticked when I tell her to read the label of what she is eating!
This weather is so gross, I want to go back to bed but I will feel too guilty. I guess I am headed to the treadmill. Me, the work-out goddess (joke) can run 8 mins of my 30 mins on the treadmill. It is sad how proud I am of my 8 mins. Oh, & I can't actually do the 8 mins all together!!! that is spread out over the 30. Maybe in a year I can run the whole 2 miles...I think not. did I already talk about all of this? I can't remember. My brain is fried. Yesterday Jed asked for a mug of dried cereal and a glass of milk. I put the cereal in the mug and pured the milk on top of it. When I handed it to him he looked at me like I was crazy...hello, I think wanting them separated is nuts. This morning I turned on the coffee maker and put a juice glass under it for the coffee to drip into. Cracked the glass. I could not find the salt half the day yesterday...I put it in the fridge. After we left my Dr. appointment yesterday the whole way home I was thinking about how I had to stop at CVS and pick up Jed's prescription...thought about it all the way to the driveway and into the kitchen. I even looked in my bag to get the prescription out...I never stopped to pick it up. These are just a few small examples of my daily confused life. Jed gets a huge kick out of it. Me, not so much. Thank goodness the kids are old enough that I can't really lose them anywhere.
Gotta go.
Love Jed and Kristin

No comments: