Sunday, October 4, 2009

Hey. Everything is pretty much the same. His blood counts are up from critical to low thanks to the blood he got yesterday. Hi white counts has not moved yet though and he still has no neutrophils , which he needs to have an ANC. SOOOO we are waiting...ha sound familiar? That is the story of our lives up here. He is still having significant pain in his jaw where this tooth is loose and the new one is coming in. They have increased the frequency of his morphine dose and I asked them to just give it every 2 hrs instead of him asking for it when he wants it. This way it will stay in his system and he won't have such large peaks in his pain. Now we are just waiting for a white count to show up. He has not had a fever since very late Friday night (early Sat morn) and all his cultures so far have been negative. I think this antibiotic needs to be changed, but then what do I know! All I really know is that I want out of here and I know Jed does too. My hope is tomorrow's counts will show some improvement and they will send us home but I know better than that. He is sleeping now. Mom and Dad were here. They brought donuts and cranberry ginger ale...what a combo! Mom took my list of party "do's" and set off on making it all happen. Danny came up after they left. He headed home about an hour ago.
Gotta go,
Love J & K

No comments: