Monday, August 31, 2009

Hi. Everyone is settled back into our usual days now that Danny is home and settled. His stuff is still exploded all over the house, better than the weekend but still spread out. We got a box today from Arlen Ness ( motorcycle builder). Danny went to his shop and bought some stuff and had it shipped home. He bought Jed a book called Arlen Ness King of Choppers and Arlen signed it.."To Jed, get better soon, Arlen Ness"!!!! Very cool. Danny really did have a blast on his trip and will be writing about it on his blog soon.
Back to work today. I have a vacation day tomorrow. Jed is going to school!!!!!!!! He will stay until lunch. I will pick him up and feed him then we are off to clinic for counts. He also has an ophthalmologist appt. at 4pm. I am not sure what this appt is for. I thought they told us all we needed to know last Thursday. Guess not. I am hoping this is just a follow up kinda thing. I also am wondering if all this eye stuff is billed to major medical or my eye insurance. I hope it's major med. My eye insurance is $310 a year, don't think that would cover all the tests and appts. Maybe they will tell us that they have found a reason for his eye issues. When he was examined on Thursday his vision was much better than it had been on Tuesday. His pupils still react weird...or rather don't react. We'll see.
With all the help I have gotten from my union steward and today, my boss, we managed to figure out that I only have to finish out the week at work. I have enough vacation and sick time to cover the rest of next week. That will make it 10 paid days. I am glad. It really screws everyone up on my team when I am there because I don't know how to do a lot of the jobs as they change with every model year start. The plan is to go back full time after Thanksgiving. I am hoping by then that Jed will be on his way to full school days and less pain meds. We will have to go slowly with those.
My dad is here everyday while I'm at work. Today Nana came and picked Jed up at noon to go school shopping. He told her he only needed to go to staples and the dollar store!!!! I'm thinking that is not going to last much longer. He told her he had plenty of clothes because I had gotten him some new jeans and a couple of shirts! My grandmother bought him some jeans too. According to him (right now) he has more than enough! He did ask me the other day which shirt matched his pants better..oh my, not ready for that at all!
Savannah seems to be ok with college so far...it is only the 2nd week!!
I think I am still recovering from last week. The drama and stress of the eye sight issues and the MRI and all of that. So many things could have been wrong, it could have been so bad....BUT it's not. So I need to suck it up and move on. I can't believe we are getting close to the end of this. We are so ready! I know Jed REALLY is! Well Guess that's it, King Jed wants an egg sandwhich.
Love Jed and Kristin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristin dosen't Jed have ACCESS card? That should cover the eye stuff. xo trish

Anonymous said...

what a Handsome Fellow,he looks just like his grandfather Hop.