Thursday, August 27, 2009

Ok, first things first,,,,the MRI was CLEAR of any issues. They saw NO PROBLEMS! I know, I must be a drama queen after all the tension starting on Monday. I really really was scared. The closer we get to the end the worse I get. The ophthalmologist said as far as he could tell there was nothing there to blame on Jed's vision issues. His pupils still only dilate sometimes or very slowly. When I asked about relapse he said "as far as I could tell there was nothing there that would indicate a possible relapse, and any abnormal cells would show up in his spinal fluid". Jed does not have any more spinals scheduled. I will ask Dr. Ungar on Tuesday what he thinks. I am almost positive he will say no spinal is needed. SOOO, I am going with that, nothing there, all is good. They tested and figured out Jed's prescription for his glasses and we took that to a place in York to get it filled. He picked out his frames. They are not Ozzy frames! They are rectangle and brushed nickle color and they are twisty! You can bend them anyway and they don't break!!!! We got him transition lenses and scratch guard. They will be in in 7-10 days. Between the MRI and his ophthalmology appt we had brunch at the Hershey Pantry...oh my. He ordered French toast and I ordered an egg sandwich with spinach, and mozzarella on sun dried tomato toast. We then decided to get a cinnamon bun to split. Well they brought the cinnamon bun first...as my friend Alecia P said.."oh my god it's bigger than his head"!!!! It was HUGE more like a cinnamon bun cake! Needless to say by the time our breakfast came we were cinnamon bun drunk. Both of us had glazed over eyes and just wanted to nap! We did manage to eat some of our breakfast..of course! Then we drove around Hershey for awhile and ended up at the movies. We saw Shorts. It was kinda weird, kinda funny, not too bad. The timing was perfect we left there and got to the eye clinic just in time to go right in. So that was our day. I am exhausted but I really wanted to clean up around here.....HAHAHAHA..not happening! oh well. Danny might be home tomorrow. I'm not sure, he called me around 4pm and was near Chicago, not sure if he was east or west of there. Haven't heard yet tonight.
I guess that's it. Sorry for worrying everyone with the drama. Every little thing, as we get to the end of this, is going to drive me nuts...that's a warning! Me, the usually laid back, easy going one of the fam, is not so laid back and easy going now! Oh well small price to pay to get all this crap behind us.
Jed is excited about starting school. He is going to go Tuesday in the morning and then we will go to clinic for counts after lunch and he has a follow-up appt with the ophthalmologist. I found out today that his new teacher Mr. Phillips is going to be his tutor!! He is very stoked for that. His comment was " I've had great teachers but finally I get a guy"! I hope it all goes well. My biggest worry is his worry. If he is not understanding or thinks he is behind everyone else he gets very upset. Also we have to keep an eye out for any comprehension issues. Childhood cancer survivors sometimes have some after treatment problems.
He is really getting into shopping for school clothes, he has never done it before and now he has opinions....a test of my restraint and patience!
Ok gotta go king Jed is requesting fruit.
Love Jed and Kristin

No comments: