Sunday, August 9, 2009


So lets see what has happened since the last update. Yesterday Mommo stopped by with "the MAC". We talked her into walking down into town..it was street fair day. Livi-Mac was loving it. Talking to everyone, pointing...Mommo, she was a little hot. They walked down for a few mins and then Mom had had enough so they headed back. Jed and I stayed for awhile longer. He ate fries, a corn dog, drank a cherry coke and a lemonade. We ran into the Althoffs.yay, so nice to see them! and Mrs& Mrs Longnecker. We then walked up to the auction near our house. Hop was there because Danny was trying to sell his old bike. Jed was looking very pale and yucky so we came home and he went back to bed for hours! When he got up the 3 of us went to Chili's..Jed fav spot. Our waitress worked in Yellowstone for 5 years, when she heard that Dan was headed there she said to make sure he asked for a transient room fare at a hotel in the park. The rate for that is like $30 instead of $200! We told her we were also celebrating Jed's official promotion to 6th grade. The manager came over to talk to Dan about his trip and he said at the end that our whole meal was on Chili's! He told Dan to have a great trip and he told Jed how proud he was of him and he knew he would do great in 6th grade. He also was telling us how much fundraising they do for St. Jude's. He was VERY interested in The Four Diamonds Fund and in talking to Savannah about help with fundraising! It was a SUPER nice and unexpected event!
We then went to Home depot so Danny could get a new lawn mower....wouldn't want me to be without one...:(. We also went to Radio shack, Dan needed a camera. He couldn't borrow mine because I am never without it and need it for the beach. I ended up talking him into the new one I want and I told him he could have my other...which is an awesome cam too. We got home and I was getting his camera charged...so I would be ready to use it. I realized I must have left the charger for my old camera plugged into the wall at the hospital because I cannot find it. I have to go get a universal charger and Danny got to take the new camera on his trip...oh well! He also has one of those little cheap laptops. I set it up for him and made him his own blog so he could write all about his adventures. The only prob is that he has all these new gadgets, ( new phone too, he dropped his old one in the sink with running water at work) but I won't be there to explain to him how to use all the stuff. Should be interesting. Savannah set up her computer and his new one for video chat in case he wants to see us!! My laptop does not have a camera.
He got all packed...used the new T-bag I won from Garage Girls....awesome bag, can't wait until I can use it! After telling me "oh by the way, the back yard needs to be mowed, the dog is almost out of his meds and needs a blood test (means vet visit) and there is a package in the back of the car that has to be mailed...he rode off into the wild blue yonder...don't worry honey.....I'll take care of it. oh yipee.
SOOOO anyway. Jed said goodbye, only a little teary eyed..also reminded him to bring something from EVERY stop! I just mentioned that I like gold..turquoise and gold would be awesome...he is headed through Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico , Colorado, South Dakota, Wyoming..somewhere in there he should be able to find some gold and turquoise..right??
Now we just wait to see what updates we get. I have no idea how far he will make it today. The first goal was Cleveland..but he left a little later so we shall see. Jed is back in bed now..I am just hanging around!
Love J & K

No comments: