Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Long day! I was in the medical dept at 6:20 this morning but did not get onto the floor for work until after 8:30. It took them that long to find all the paperwork and information. Work itself was not bad at all. My team takes good care of me when I am there. I trued wheels, not much too it. It was good to see most of the people. Hi Ralph. It was probably good for me to be in there today as much as I hate to admit that! Jed's MRI is 8:30 tomorrow and then we have to hang around until 2:30 for his eye appt. According to our wonderful nurse Denise, the ophthalmologist will answer all our questions and tell us what the MRI says. She spoke to Dr. Ungar and he said an ocular relapse is the last thing he would say the problem is, so that is a good thing..YES it is. I had that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach most of the day worrying about this, so the message from Denise was much appreciated. I really had a few moments where I thought..this has to be a dream, all this nightmare stuff really cannot be true, I will wake up soon. It"s not a dream, and we can't wake up to get away from it all but I can keep myself from freaking when I don't have any answers. So, I'm under control now!
Jed spent the day with Hop. They went to the pride for lunch, he got shrimp...of course! He doesn't seem to be too worried about all this stuff. I know he is thinking about it but he is focusing on what style of frames he wants! He mentioned maybe wanting glasses like Ozzy! Oh my.
Mom dropped of a roasted chicken for us and a hot dog for Jed. The dog stole the chicken off the counter and tried to bite me when I took it from him. I had picked most to the meat off if it before he got it but it made a huge mess on the kitchen floor. It was almost kind of funny watching him slide around and try to hold onto that chicken. All I could think was....is this really what my life is like? REALLY, the dog is sliding around the kitchen trying to grab a greasy chicken carcass, I am on the phone & chasing the dog, while Jed is yelling from upstairs asking if I would bring him a drink and I hadn't even been home from my 1st day of work more than an hour. oh yipee. I managed to put a load of laundry in but the rest of the house is a disaster..I just don't feel like cleaning. At least when Dan comes home this weekend it will be "homey"...messy.
Danny just called, he is STILL in Nebraska. He updated his blog with new pics, some of his mommy. He left whatever podunk Nebraska town he was in and headed out. It started to rain....a lot...so much so that he had to stop and get a room in YORK, Nebraska....no really, he is in York! Weird. His cell phone does not work in this metropolis either. He even had to call me from the lobby phone because the phones in the rooms are not working. He is planning to head to Toledo tomorrow....I don't know why he doesn't come home a different way. He must really like Toledo.
So that's all I guess. I will let you all know what answers we get tomorrow and if Jed gets glasses like Ozzy's. Fingers crossed for an easy fix and no permanent issues and of course NO relapse.
Love
Jed and Kristin

No comments: