Sunday, March 8, 2009

Guess where we are??? Home!!! YAY us. I gently persuaded Jed, telling him "don't worry you only have to make it through tonight, Sunday and Sunday night, & clinic will be open on Monday. If you have to come back Holly will be here to access you". Jed then told me that it already was Sunday. Oh....umm..good. After making sure he made me aware of how crazy I am he was all pumped up and ready to go. So hey, go me. I came home, put the dirty laundry in the washer, took a shower until I used all the hot water and then fell into bed without even combing my hair! I took a nice nap for about an hour and I feel kinda human again. It really is all about me.....but Jed feels pretty good too. He ate McDonald's on the way home and is now eating warmed up KFC....he is the chicken boy, fried chicken! We will go back to Hershey on Tuesday so they can do blood work and tell us his counts are too low for chemo, Dr. Miller, the on call Dr for us this weekend, was asking when he last had a bone marrow aspiration to check for leukemia cells, he hasn't had one since his 1st to confirm relapse. I had been wondering about that, kids from other hospitals being treated for the same thing seem to have them more frequently. We will talk about that on Tuesday also.
So that's all the exciting news here. Danny took all the chair pads apart that I did for Gram's chairs....nice guy. Now all I have to do is cover them AGAIN! They will be less puffy and should fit. mom is going back to Towson tomorrow to give the correct change of address to the post office and see if the missing dining room chair is still in the house....I would think it would have to be...where else could it have gone. Weird. She and dad are not allowed over here because they both have colds......eeuuuwww....germs.
Trish, just wanted you to know that if we had had to stay I was taking you up on the offer of making a cake so we could eat it! I am so glad to be out of there, it always seems that when you get in there if you don't get out within the first 48 hrs you are stuck for days...weeks... I would have freaked out! It's bad enough when you are expecting it or are still in the groove of being there but we have been lucky and have not had to go up for a long while.....let's get back to that!
Ok that's all. Thanks for all the messages.
Love Jed and Kristin

No comments: