Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hi all. Yup the 3rd time was the charm, he got all his chemo today. I was glad, he wasn't too thrilled but we made sure he slept through most of it. As always the wonderful nurses made "king Jed" feel comfortable. We really do have the best nurses and Dr's and clinic staff anyone could ever have. It wasn't even a very long day, we got there at 8am (Hop was our driver again today) and were gone by 2:30...not bad. we came home and turned around to run out to Boarder's. He needed some new reading material. I am trying to push the reading because it will help his vocab, concentration and just about everything else! He is not the reader that the rest of us are....I hope to change that, he needs to be a better speller than I am! He is tired now and resting but no puking. hope it stays that way. He will feel bad about Thursday or so. Friday we are moving my Gram up here to her new place. Yea! Jed might have to stay with my dad, I don't know if he will be up for the very busy day.
I have been painting. I painted the hallway to the bathroom, the hallway to my room, the steps...I only have half of them painted..we have to walk on the other side! I am also painting the bathroom. It was bright yellow and Savannah said it did bad things to her skin tone and she couldn't put on makeup in there! So now it will be a light turquoise...very pretty..looks like the ocean. I wish I could put sand on the floor...ok, maybe not! Tomorrow I hope to finish the bathroom. The steps used to be what I call "old people blue" kinda dusty blue, it's ok but I am making them a shiny cobalt...I love it!...That's the excitement in my life! I wish I could do electric and plumbing and construction...oh man I would be ripping down walls! Oh and fixing the electric so Jed's TV and PS3 are not plugged into the bathroom! Maybe one day!
It's REALLY cold....yuck.
I am going to put a link up on the right. It is the TODAY show talking about THON..very cool. The kid's Aunt Mindy emailed me some pics, she comes EVERY year on Sunday, she is the only family member outside the 4 of us that has come every year! this year she got there a little later and waited forever for a parking space and then had to go all the way up to the nose bleed seats! In her pics I can really see how crowded it was!
I guess that's about all for now.
Love Jed and Kristin

No comments: