Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hey all. So...what's new...um, not much! Well Jed is going to the dentist tomorrow. I know your thinking...yeah, so what. I am ashamed to say that I have not taken him to the dentist since before he relapsed. I cringe just writing that. I have been so worried about him getting an infection. I know not a great reason to put it off for so long but well, I did. He had an appointment a couple of months ago but he and Savannah were up all night puking...I canceled that appointment. So anyway here we are, Jed is 11, very much needs braces, he can't have any of that done until he is off treatment all together but he desperately needs x-rays, cleaning, consultations and probably fillings. I am really anxious about this. he has an antibiotic he will take 4 hrs before we go and his white count is up higher than it has been in months and months so I guess it's as good a time as any. I can't begin to imagine what these people are going to think of me when they ask me when he had a cleaning last. Good God, all the crap we have been through and I am worried about this?!!! Get over it right?!
Anyway, he had school 2 days in a row....whoohoo! The problem is that he is kinda loopy, the steroids seem to give him concentration issues, they also give him bone aches so he gets more morphine which of course has a bit of an effect on his concentration! Poor guy. He is such a perfectionist it drives him nuts when he messes something up and having this steroid in his system makes him talk a lot...about random things that never get to a point. He is just all over the place. Hopefully by Monday his brain will be clearer.
We have off this coming Tuesday....no clinic! YAY.
I think that's it for now. He is upstairs with his heating pad watching family guy.....i know very bad....oh well.
Good luck to Alecia P. She is having some surgery on her back tomorrow....poor thing.
Liz thanks so much for the tip! When are you coming to visit?
Gotta go, working on a small knitting project....can't say what or for whom!!!! Right now everyone that knows me is groaning thinking it could be for them!!!!!!!! HAHA
I'll let ya know what happens at ......the dentist.......
Love Jed and Kristin

No comments: