Monday, March 9, 2009

Hey. Quick update.....Jed is great today! he spent the day at Grace's playing outside with Jase and Jim and messing up Grace's new computer...way to go Jed! He stayed all day! He seems to have come away from his little visit to the 7th floor none the worse for wear. I, of course, am still trying to recover! I really can't explain how hard it was to be in there this time. I guess if we had had to stay longer I would have fallen into the groove but I was so edgy and anxious to get out, it was horrible. But anyway enough of that...we are out!!!
On a website named pac2 I wrote about THON and this is one of the comments I got back......very cool!
THON inspired a former Ohio State University student a few years ago. The OSU student was visiting a friend at Penn State and learned about THON. She thought, "Why can't we do that?" and came home and started "Buckeyethon." Feb 28th, our family attended our fourth Buckeyethon. OSU isn't nearly as successful as Penn State - but their hearts are fully in it. I'm SO PROUD of these kids! They have truly taken our children to heart. Our first year, they raised $30,000. This year, they raised nearly $90,000 and the money is still coming in. These college kids are the hope for the future. They're looking outside of their own worlds - and reaching out to our children. I hope that some year, some visiting student at OSU takes THON on to the next school... Penn State, we Buckeyes rarely say this, but "YOU ROCK!"

awesome right? Way to go PSU!
Love J & K

No comments: