Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hi. we are home. Jed's counts are good. His white count is up to 5.7! I had to ask if they were sure they were his counts! I am waiting for an email from Denise, his nurse, to tell me to up his chemo meds. He is very tired and feeling weird because of the steroids. His back is still sore from the spinal last week, I think it's more from the steroids though. He has school tonight so he's working on the last of his homework. He got a little behind because of his spinal headache last week and me being gone from Fri to Sun. so he is working...not happy about it but working on it!
Jed did have to stop and get fried clams at the store...yuck! For some reason he had to have a plain cheeseburger from Mcdonalds and fried clams today....weird little kid. He looks good.
We saw this lady at clinic today that has a daughter Jed's age who has the same thing as Jed but she relapsed while in treatment..not a wonderful thing. Anyway this mother is always soooo negative even in front of her kid. Drives me crazy. She will ask a question about Jed and then she has to counter the answer with a worse story of her own. She's one of the parents that have to play the "my kid is sicker than your kid" game. I don't play, and I don't want to win! I don't care if they feel the need for that but don't do it in front of your child. I can't imagine what it does to that child when her mother acts like the only things that will ever happen are the horrible nasty ones. Anyway the good stuff does happen..really! Being negative all the time is too exhausting. We saw a little boy at clinic today,Logan, he is 3. He looks so good I just had to mention it! He grew hair, his color is good and he is a nice solid looking little boy....such a great site to see in that place.
So that's all for now!
Love Jed and Kristin

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get up and walk away from the negative ones, YOU should know that!
Tell them you have a bad gas!

Anonymous said...

oops BELOW that was me trish

Liz said...

HIII EVERYONE!!

I am so excited to see that the counts are up and things are looking good! See, good things happen to people who believe in them! Glad you are not winning that game either. Hope you're enjoying this warm weather! Talk to you soon. Miss and love you!!

Lizzie :)

Anonymous said...

Have you had a shower yet big guy?