Saturday, December 5, 2009

Hey all. Just when I start to think that the depth of the tragedy happening in here is more than I can handle wonderful people remind you that there are many success stories, and many people to help us through this. Trish visited today and I got a chance to hang out and talk to her...away from Jed. Deana joined us for a bit, it was very nice. Like normal people talking, well until you hear the topics! This evening Big John and his friend (name slips me right now) came by and spent over an hour talking to Jed. His friend is a camp counselor at the cancer kid camp Jed attended 2 yrs ago. Big John is also a counselor but even more impressive is he is a cancer survivor. He had 2 transplants! I REALLY think this visit has helped Jed with the whole broviac thing. Big John talked to him about it. It seemed to calm his panic a bit. Such a selfless thing for this young man to do. I am very appreciative for the time he has taken to help Jed. He is married to one of our nurses, who also has survived transplant twice!
Today has been a pretty good day. Thank you for all the cards and the comments on here. It's nice to know there are people out there. Thanks to the people that have sent Jed stuff. It's very nice. Jody, the stuff you sent was great! laundry detergent pack, quarters for the vending machines, hand lotion, etc...all the practical kind of stuff. oh and of course the calender signed by your dad was SUPER rockin'! I have to say Dan and I were just as excited about that..if not a little more.. than Jed! Thank you so much for keeping Jed in your thoughts.
So yes, today was a good day. Jed was awake, talking and he walked the whole hall, he ate a little bit & we had some very nice visitors. Hi Denise. Danny was here too. Thanks honey and don't forget my window markers tomorrow!! Poor Dan he not only is the only one working he gets to be the errand boy too. He is very good at it!
Right now he is hosting a canning trip! There are a bunch of college kids in my house, besides my own. They are all headed out to brave the nasty weather tomorrow & raise money to help kids with cancer.pretty awesome. My mom made them lasagna and brought over other food, Grace and Danny and Savannah cleaned the house. They are fine hosts and hostesses!
Cross your fingers for an upward movement in Jed's counts tomorrow. Getting home by next weekend would be great! i do have a few things to do to get ready for Christmas!!!
Thanks again everyone.
Love J & K

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw some kids out here in Pittsburgh collecting today, guess who I thought of right away!!! ~Sara

John said...

Hi Kristin! FINGERS CROSSED as always! Thinking of you and love you guys! I was "snowed-in" here on Sat (well, not really but I pretended I was.) Hey, there was snow on everything . . . looks like I'm snowed in. I decided to bake my mom's recipe for coffeecake. It came out perfect . . . Ummm, actually I think it was better than hers but don't tell her that. I don't think her computer is online right now due to the kitchen remodel so my chances of getting away this posted comment are pretty good. Haha.
Hang in there all!!!!

xo,
johnny