Sunday, December 13, 2009

Hi all. There really is not much to report here. Yesterday my parents were here for the afternoon. Danny came up later for a bit and then Big John was here. He hung out and then did our walk in the hall with us. Jed really seems to like him and the fact that he knows what Jed is going through and what he is facing is good for Jed. Today has been very quiet. Jed has been sleeping ALL day. No fevers, I was worried about that but so far so good. I think he wore himself out yesterday. He will probably get blood or platelets or both tomorrow. His counts are not recovering yet. Dr. Neely was here today. He said that either there are cancer cells in there messing up his counts or that week of chemo REALLY knocked out his marrow...if that's the case I can't begin to imagine what is coming. He has a bone marrow aspiration on Tuesday so then we will know what is happening. (hopefully) He is starting to get upset. He has been very good through this so far and I have been amazed, but with Christmas fast approaching he is getting worried that we will be here for that. Me too. I don't want him to have to deal with that. Thanksgiving was hard enough. He will be a mess if we have to stay over the holidays.
He was pretty perky until today. He woke up to take his morning meds and then to pee but after that he has been sleeping ALL Day.
that's about it. Teresa was our nurse all day again, which is great. Don't know who is coming on now, I guess I find out soon!
Think I'll go now, not really anything to report. If there is I will let you know.
Love J & K
All of our love, good vibes and strength to our friends in Texas. Thomas is headed to transplant on Tuesday. We are thinking of you guys and sending love. By the spring Thomas in Texas and Jedediah Thomas in PA will be starting fresh and new and healthy.

No comments: