Saturday, December 26, 2009

Hi. I hope everyone had a nice christmas. We will have ours when we get home. Jed opened a couple of gifts today but was too tired to do anymore. He also was having trouble seeing, that made unwrapping difficult. Mommo was here and again did my laundry. I can't leave him alone for even a minute. When he wakes up and has to pee he has to pee NOW! He peed a lot today but he still looks puffy to me. His belly looks big. I am not sure what that is about.
Last night Jed slept for almost four hours ..the entire time he moaned and held his breath. I spent the whole time saying BREATH every time he held his breath. When he did wake up much later he needed to pee. When he sat up he asked me to turn on all the lights, I did and he said "no all the lights". I told him that all the lights were on..he looked all around and then said "oh no then I can't see". it was the most terrifying moment I have ever had up here. I quickly blew it off and told him, don't worry it's just meds and we will fix it. As he woke up more he could see a bit but not much. Today the eye guy came in to examine him. The vision in Jed's right eye is almost nothing. his vision in his left is pretty poor. They sent us down for an MRI. He was going to be sedated so I figured it would be a great time to change his access needle. The anesthesiologist did it. after the MRI they noticed that his port never stopped bleeding. He woke up and they were playing with it trying to clean it up. Needless to say he started yelling for me. I was so upset, I had scheduled all this to relieve all the stress but now it was just as bad and people he didn't know were touching it. Thank God Jamie came down (our nurse). she stayed more than an hour past her shift to help Jed and clean him up. The bleeding seems to have almost stopped but he has to have the dressing changed again either tonight or tomorrow morning. Our nurse tonight is "Nacho Cheese Jen" so she will do it for him before she leaves in the morning.
Another eye guy just came in and looked in Jed's eyes. No results from the mri until morning I guess. I don't even want to think about it, makes me sick.
Danny was here for the MRI, he just left a bit ago and will be back tomorrow.
I will keep you all posted...oh and he is still having fevers so we are still battling the fungal infection and they added an additional antibiotic..just in case! THe Dr on up here this week has been Dr. Griener..did I mention him before? We love him...just a really great guy. I am so glad he is a new addition to the team.
more news as I get it. cross your fingers everyone. The eyesight thing is pretty scary.
Love Jed and Kristin

6 comments:

Gracie said...

K, thanks for the text info, sorry, I was so mad when I read blog that I didn't realize there was another msg...again sorry. I will check back (will text u) to see when a good time to leave the Felton Bay area!!!!
I need to get away from the swollen, muddy creek bottoms..see ya soon Friend....

kim said...

Hang in therte guys!!!! Easy for me to say, I know. I can't imagine. I'll keep praying about the fevers and eye sight. Of course about everything. Love you, Kimpr

kim said...

I have no idea what the pr after my name is. It's still Kim Rajotte. Bye for now.

johnny said...

. . . FINGERS CROSSED!

Gracie said...

K, So happy to have been able to spend the time with you and Honey-boy. Just seeing him & being able to hear him talk to us was so amazing, its like I have to have a little dose of Jed to see things more clearer...no amount of money in the world could ever make me feel as good as I feel after having those special moments with Super Man Jed...he's the greatest. Jed thanks for letting me visit with you, I can't wait until I can squeeze you and make you laugh with just the suggestion of ONE FINGER...We love you so very much, have a peaceful night sweety-boy and I'll be in touch. K, hope you too have a restful night. Take care. Jim sends his love to the both of you!!

Lisamolina said...

Hi guys,

Hope the fevers and eyesight issues get resolved very soon! Also, you are probably already doing this, but since Thomas is on mega-fluids too, and has to pee constantly, we keep a pee jug right by the bed, and he just stands up and pees in the jug, esp. at night - so we don't have to race to the bathroom, and spray everything in its path - I'm so glad he's a boy and can pee in a jug!

Thanks for the update - Stay strong and we'll be sending glowing vibes for healing!
Lisa and Thomas