Monday, December 28, 2009

Hey all. So after a pretty crappy weekend and a long night last night we have a tentative plan as to how we are going to fight this fever problem. His chest xray from yesterday looks worse than the week before. They are not sure what is in there. Last night his heart rhythm was fast on and off, could be due to fluid built up around his lungs so he will have an ECHO today to see what that is about. He gets his inhaled antibiotic to fight and stave off pneumonia. Physical therapy will be in to set up a treatment plan because he cannot stand up. I have to pick him up, his legs are so stiff and sore. Infectious disease is being called in for a consult, maybe they will see something we are missing. The blood bank is being called to set up donors for white cells. It is done in Phillie and if they can coordinate the donors it could be here tomorrow eve. He needs them to help him fight whatever is in there. At some point I think the eye people will be back in to check things out He also is getting more red cells and platelets today. Thank goodness these tests only require him to lie in bed. So that's what's up for now. I will keep you posted as to what happens with each
0f those things.
Love J & k

3 comments:

J. Perewitz said...

Hey Jed & Kristen,
I was thinking about you over the weekend. I hope you have a better week!

Gracie said...

Thanks for texted info. Was not aware of the special procedure...Thought that they did same @ Y.H. Blood Bank.. will wait for further updated info...Its time for all of these -----(fill in the blanks) situations to STOP. This little man has proved his ability to take all this & so much more for too long...So hear me UP THERE, you gave me a really big mouth so you must be hearing me (exception, the blanks!!) How many more trials, does he + all the other Peds kids have to endure, this must STOP NOW..Sorry people & K. just my angry feelings..I have to get it out or I'll start throwing things..for what its worth I hope I'm heard!!! We love you guys..signing off Big Mouth G.

PATTI KELLER said...

JED & KRISTEN
MY HEART BREAKS FOR YOU
I WILL PRAY FOR YOU EVERYDAY
JED - YOU ARE THE TOUGHEST GUY
IN THE WORLD
KRISTEN - YOU ARE A WONDERFUL MOM
GOD BLESS BOTH OF YOU
LOVE
(TRENTS MOM)
PATTI KELLER
L