Sunday, December 27, 2009

Hey. Well the MRI was "clear of any abnormalities". That is good. The hope is the vision issues are med related and will clear up a bit as meds change. I really have no clue and it seems no one else knows either. He still can't see well. He holds his eyes wide open to try to see. He seemed better today over all though. He is on oxygen now..he hates it but is being very good about it. Jamie clipped off the little prongs so they don't go up in his nose. He disliked those very much. He is a bit more tolerant of it now that they are clipped. He was awake and talking today. Has a few fevers, we are still struggling with those. Changed some antibiotics around again. He got a ton of blood products today and he was very good when his nurse had to change the dressing because of the bleeding.
Geeze I must be very tired, I keep falling asleep while I am writing this!!!! But he just got lasics and will be peeing a lot soon. Can't sleep later because when he says mom I have to pee he means right now! He cannot stand up unassisted but he will try so I really must be awake! Ok, to wrap up before I nod off again, he looked better today, for a bit. With Jed though you never know what is going to happen the next day....or even in an hour! The main focus right now is to get rid of these fevers...that means he will be rid of his infection but his eyes really freak me out. Not even his eyes just he way he looks around like he is trying to see something specific. Hopefully we can work on that too. Poor guy, he is really brave.
Ok gotta go Love J & K

5 comments:

Atom said...

I love you both ...... each as tough as the other. Hang tight .... it WILL be worth it.

kim said...

Poor guy. So helpless, yet so brave!!! It does sound scary about the eye thing. I can't imagine how scared you are for him Kristin.
Hang in there. You're in my prayers, Kim

Sue Sidler said...

Kristin,
We are very sorry to hear about all the troubles Jed is having. Glad the MRI was clear; his eyesight situation is probably medication related and hopefully will improve soon. You are a great Mom and doing a wonderful job during a very difficult time. I wish we could help make things better, but know that we think about you and Jed constantly and are sending positive thoughts to you both. All of this just sucks!
Love,
Sue, Bret & Eli

Gracie said...

Good morning, thanks for all updated info. Per my last comment, I was so very glad to have been able to see you and Jed. I will continue to check in as always. Remember we are here for you when and if you need anything, and I mean anything. Your Sweety-Boy is such and inspiration for all of us what a strong little man & there isn't any defination or words that can ever discribe the strength that you carry within. You are the most amazing person I know. Now lets have some humor...The muddy creek bottoms of the Felton Bay area are now getting back to normal the creek is still pretty deep, but Im not planning on taking a dip today!! All seems quiet on the southern Felton front. I'm such a weirdo, at least the sun is out & thats a good thing. Stay well and again lots of loving to all.xxxxxoooooxxxxxoooooxxxxooo!

Anonymous said...

Hello, i haven't seen you guys in a week or so. i'm still trying to get this cold to go away,the progress is slow.I'll soon get a chance to visit.Till then love uu,s and i'm always thinking about you two.Kido you need to try, some how, to get a few more ZZZ.NEED ANYTHING AT ALL let me know,LV HOP