Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It just keeps getting harder and harder and he just keeps going. Not even water is staying down right now. Just what he needs something to make him even sicker and weaker. I am unsure how many doses he will have to have of this stuff but they made it seem to me that it is like a round of antibiotics...way to many doses. The thing is though, the fungal infection is terrifying, we MUST get rid of it and they said this is the drug that will do it. So once again he is doing something that makes him feel horrible to try to make him better. Really just a complete nightmare. I don't understand.... I just don't. I want to skip ahead to when I am worrying about curfew and homework and driving. I want to get to the part where we walk into clinic and no one recognizes him because he is big and tall and strong..with a lot of hair! That is where we are headed..just have to help him though this nightmare first.
Love J & K

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will get there girl! You will get there! I thought I would never see that day. Stay strong, grab our strength and use it as yours. You and Jed are in our prayers and we love you!

Gracie said...

K,listen to what lauraahagarman is saying, he can identify with your feelings and needs, so many of us don't have a clue (including me) about how a parent feels while watching their precious child go thru a hell like this..we are also upset, angry,& not understanding why, but we are not the parents!!! You are so strong, and your strength belies all the other emotions that are swimming in your head and body. Your dreams, as you said, to skip ahead was so telling to me because these things are what all of us have taken for granted. Jed's time and yours as the parent of a strong, tall, unrecognizable young man will come. You have a tremendous network of people who share the same commonalities and who know how you feel and thank God for them. As always, we are all here for the long haul, to help and support you and Jed in any possible way that we can. G.

johnny said...

I feel helpless outside of "your world" Kristin. Love you. John