Friday, December 18, 2009

Hey. So all is really the same. Jed played bingo in the playroom yesterday for a bit and he got some blood. His hair is really falling out, it's all over the place. He refuses to let me shave it..I don't think really want to anyway.
We are still just hanging around waiting for counts. His marrow is just so tired! Our hope has gone from being home for a week or so over Christmas to trying to have a pass from Thursday afternoon to Friday evening. That is the hope. All Jed really wants is to sleep in his bed, without a needle in his port and eat Christmas Day brunch and hang out all day at Mommo and Hop's. He keeps talking about Buckwheats...when I ask what he wants, that is all he says! So anyway..we are hoping. The plan of an open house is off. There is no way he will have counts high enough to be around too many people.
I feel like we are just floating in limbo. God knows that we know the drill and we know that everything hinges on his blood counts...at least the timing of things anyway. I will feel better when I have more concrete info and a PLAN in hand! Everyone keeps asking what happens next...I really can't answer that yet.
Dr's here. gotta go
Love Jed and Kristin

1 comment:

Johnny said...

Good Morning guys. What the heck are BUCKWHEATS Jed?

Snowing here like crazy. Tried to bring my stray cat in which I've been feeding for about 8 months out on my deck. I have a house for him out there stuffed with straw and apparently he's content with that set up. He did not like being inside. Everytime I picked him up and sat him inside the doorway he ran back out (3 times). I finally got him in and he sat there shaking cuz he was scared. I thought, O.K., I'll change out of my PJs into sweatpants and boots quick and sweep the deck off for him. I was gone like 30 seconds. Came back to the doorway, the cat was gone. Checked in the adjacent basement. No cat. Came back up the steps and looked uder the couch. There he was, way back in the corner. Glowing eyes. So I opened the door, called his name and he went flying back outside. OK, guess that will make my life easier. No litterbox to attend to. I bought a bunch of cat stuff just in case though. I cleared him a path to his house which is also under a large tarped off deck table stuffed with straw and he was happy as could be. Chowed down on his food outside like he's used to. He was warm to the touch and made it through other winters on his own before I began feeding him. Oh well. Maybe I'll try again this evening. Sucks looking out the kitchen window and seeing him in that little house with all that snow piling up around everything. Anyway, thought you'd enjoy hearing about "john's world". That's the current state of mind. LOL.

Stay warm and cozy. PS: Kristin, thanks for the notes on the DMV. Sometimes I feel stupid yet I love feeling brilliant. I may go there and hang out for a few hours. Heck, maybe we can get a job there together and be state workers! Think of all we'd be able to talk about on our lunch breaks! :-) Love ya lots all.

Johnny