Tuesday, December 22, 2009

One more dose of crap finished. Today they pre-medicated him with Demerol. Then stopped the drug at the halfway point and gave him more demerol. He did start to shake about 15 mins after that but when he was given another dose the shaking slowed down and of course he threw up. We think the dose in the middle needs to be a little higher and that might fix the problem. Dr. Griener [sic], said that it seems people tend to acclimate to this drug and each dose could be easier. That would be great. The fact that his fever curve was noticeably better today, we are hoping, means that this drug is working, even with just one dose. Some of the nurses are starting to complain about the fact that he only has 1 line. With all these drugs they really have to shuffle to find the time to get them all in. I guess the broviac is in the not to distant future. Big John seems to have quieted the terror that subject brought to Jed. He still is not pleased and I know for a fact he is only going to let certain nurses do the dressing change but I can't see that that will be a hard thing to work around.
Right now though we need to curb the throwing up. It is from a combination of everything I think. Fever, fungus, drugs, you name it and it could be the issue. At this exact moment however we are working on trying to find where the blood in his vomit came from. God, that sounds gross. He threw up all his pm meds and there was blood too. I am thinking that everything has to be irritated, he's been heaving for days, worse today. I think the dr fellow guy is trying to work with the nurse to find time to run a bag of platelets. I also wanted the zantac IV but I'm assuming there would be a scheduling prob.
That is where things stand right now. Unless there is some huge miraculous recovery by Thurs. we will be here on Christmas. We will make it as good as we can and do the real thing whenever we get out!
I have been agonizing over this subject for awhile now, visitors. I know there are benefits to both, a fresh face to talk to when people come and less chance of catching something when they don't. As of right now I am going to have to go with playing it safe. I know many people want to see him over the holidays, and we want to see you, but I am asking that no one come until he has a white cell or two. I don't want anyone to be upset I just want him to get better as fast as he can without catching something. Also there is the fact that he feels horrible and would not be good company anyway! I hope you all understand that I am just trying to keep him as safe as possible. Thank you for your constant support and love.
Today looks a bit brighter than yesterday or even this morning. Small steps is what this is all about. Jed just seems to work on the 1 step forward and 3 steps back plan. But if that is what it takes then that is what we will do.
Again, thank you for all the help, love and support. We NEED you all and appreciate everything.
Love Jed and Kristin

9 comments:

Grace said...

Thanks for your email + this current updated info. Tell Jed, when he's more awake and feeling better that we can have a special xmas anytime, with gifts and goodies, it doesen't have to be on the 25th. Remember the Seinfeld segment in re to:Festivis they invented this bogus holiday. We too can have a Happy Festivis whenever we want & he can still have those famous Buckley buckwheats + a whole lot more..sounds good to me. Just another Gracie opinion!! Stay well, speak with you soon.

kimberly said...

Just wanted you to know I am thinking of you. Be brave and strong. Love you, Kim

Anonymous said...

K...can I send stuff to you at the hospital?? If so let me know what address to send to....Meg

Anonymous said...

or I can just hookup with Savannah....that'll probably be easier....u let me know. Can I have her cell please?? Meg

and all my xoxo's to you

Atom said...

Jeddy Pooh ............ we will be ready and waiting to celebrate the holidays whenever you are ready .... because it's not Christmas unless you're there. So .... Christmas will arrive when YOU arrive. WE (A, T and The Mac) love you and are sending hugs and kisses. Livie is getting a little better each day and Tiersa is finally starting to get better. Soon we will all be doing our usual goofy family stuff together !!

Anonymous said...

Jed you are such a trooper. I actually think your a Superhero! We love you and keep fighting because you are soooo awesome!

Anonymous said...

We are sending love and prayers from North Carolina!!!!

Richard and Beth

john said...

. . . thinking of you.
xo,
john

Gracie said...

Hey guys, hows it going?? what a mess remember my text from Gra-Sea!!! The creek was raging, I was really getting concerned, things are looking up, didn't have to do the back-stroke!! I wanted to let you know how you're in our thoughts every single day...we visited with Jase today, Jimpaw gave him a battery operated Jeep that he can drive you know like your little 4 wheeler and your harley. You should have seen the way he was driving if he had been on Queen St. he would have been stopped & arrested for DUI, Jed he was running into the dog, my feet, the walls,doors any and all things that didn't move or could not get away quickly enough he was wild. I could not stop laughing..the car will be brought here nxt week so at some point in time you will also have the pleasure of seeing him drive like a crazed 3yr old, or perhaps by nxt week he will have figured out how to drive in a straight line or make proper turns. when he went into reverse mode he didn't even look behind just changed the gear and stepped on the pedal, whoaooooo Jasey-boy. everyone was running it was great. I'm hoping that you can give him some tips on how too and what not too do..Have a good night Honey-boy check in with you and mom tomorrow, lots of loving from our hearts to yours.xoxoxoxoxoxoxo