Thursday, December 24, 2009

Hey..Boy Wonder and I say Merry Christmas to all of you from here in the Bat Cave. I have to say it has been a rough few days . We got some very good news tonight though. They identified the fungus in Jed's lungs. Turns out this type responds better to a different anti-fungal that has barely any side effects so tonight was the last dose of the crud! YAY He will start the new med tomorrow. Can't be soon enough! He was almost comical tonight. To counter act the effects of the crud drug they gave him a few big doses of Demerol. He was so high tonight we was mumbling away then he would say stuff like, I caught that blue heron, the dinosaurs are here, hey look there's Pompeii, that guy owns a battle ship, you should sit on the porch and turn out the lights. Lots of fun! The sad part was he was moaning and shaking the whole time. The Demerol helps but does not take it away. It is exhausting. Danny was here tonight to help me when Jed said, very clearly and with much noise, I HAVE TO PEE. Now last night he said that and it was just he and I. I got him off the bed but he took 2 steps and couldn't see anything I was holding him up and trying to get him to the bathroom. He got right in the door and would not let go of the rail. He watered the whole bathroom! Then I couldn't get him out and back to bed and all cleaned up. I had to pull the cord in the bathroom! never did that before. Amanda came in, in all her calmness, and helped me get him cleaned up and back to bed. what fun that was! Tonight Danny was here though, still messy but WAY better than doing it alone! He is resting comfortably right now. He will be getting up to pee more than usual because he was given a diuretic. He has gained quite a few pounds of fluid weight the past few days. Today I could swear he was puffing up as I watched. I am hoping getting rid of some of this fluid will help him breath better and in turn help get rid of the headaches he is having. I think we have turned a corner....but then I always think that! i really feel that in the next few days he will start to feel better and in a week or so show some white cells. I am ready!
Mom Adam and Savannah were here today. Jed was awake, exhausted but awake. It was a good visit. Mom did my laundry again! Savannah gave me a framed copy of the only picture I have with Renee. It was sweet but god I look horrible! anyway she also gave me a print called Pete and The Bird Girl by an artist named James Dean...really. He paints his cat Pete in all kinds of places. When we were in Savannah, Ga I bought a print of Pete driving a yellow vw bug. I just love it..and I am not a cat person. Go to Petethecat.com..he is very cool!
Sooo anyway here we are, everything seems calm. Danny brought up a few of Jeds gifts but left the rest home. Everyone is waiting until we get home to open gifts. Mom brought Jed a tree the other day, did I mention this? Well too bad if I did. It is so cool everyone that comes in here is in love with it. It is completely decorated in blue and white with a penn state snowman on top! It's awesome.
THe Althoff's stopped by tonight with a bag of gifts for Jed and a gift card to ebay for me!!!!that was so way nice! Speaking of very nice, a girl I went to high school with came to the rotunda and brought me a bag with tea and cookies and honey, a bag of stuff for Jed and a card with money in it to help us out during this struggle! It was money donated by former classmates! I am so grateful and amazed.I know people are struggling and for them to help us is just so wonderful. Jed and I have always said, of course we would change all this if we could, but we cant so we have to take to good out and focus on that. The good is always the wonderful people we meet that help to get us through this. We have been and continue to be very lucky.
that's all for now, Merry Christmas to everyone..and ...always.......thanks for the love and support
Love Jed and Danny and Kristin and Savannah

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ho HO HO I'll see youse home VERY SOOn,LOVE YOU GUYS,The SHADOW :})

Anonymous said...

omg i dont have to fry the bacon and sausage. my house only will smell like buckwheats. there is a Santa after all. Merry christmas to all and to all i wish you a quiet night. Love and kisses MOMMO

kimberly said...

Merry Christmas guys!!! Soon you'll be home celebrating Christmas with your family. Sounds like today went a little better. Kristin, glad to hear that they finally found out the type of fungus in his lungs so they can get rid of it. Glad to hear he is thru with the horrible medicine. God bless you all and keep in your minds the wonderful Christmas you will share soon. Jed keep your head up, you are a true hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're always in my prayers, Kim

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!
Laura

johnny said...

Merry Greeting to the BATCAVE and YEAAAA . . . no more "CRUD" to take! I'm so glad that got figured out! And Kristin . . . you looked "horrible" in a photo? INCONCEIVABLE! Tell Jed to stop visiting Pompeii and get his butt back to Red Lion! Love ya guys!
john

Gracie said...

Hey K, it was great to hear your voice, can't wait to SEE both of you & HEAR both of your voices!! Glad that they have identified the problem & that the meds will not be so harsh for Honey-Boy. John was right, no more travels to Pompeii, or blue heron's we need ya's in good ole Red Lion,Pa. All the support and good wishes coming your way are just amazing, see how much you're loved & missed..you have a real network of loving & caring people in your lives. Hey Jed, I told Jase-Face that you were not feeling well and he made a real sad face and said "I love Jed" he was really concerned and sad, amazing for such a little guy, but you have been like a big brother to him and he remembers and I Need you to help me again with Jase because he listens better to you then to me!!! Love ya lots, see you soon Tootsie-Roll p.s.(we love our snow globe, thanks honey) xoxoxoxo

Atom said...

Merry Christmas to the Bat Cave !!! Olivia sends hugs and kisses from the top of her indoor slide! Buckwheats were good but they'll be Great when we eat them together. I love you both dearly and I too believe that you have turned a corner. All WILL be well.

Johnny said...

Good Morning K & J. It's Sat morning. I'm drinking my pseudo-Starbucks latte which turned out pretty good by sheer luck. It's raining out and the snow is melting rather quickly which is super-duper since I never shoveled my entire driveway. It will be cleared just in time for the next storm. Joy! OK, just wanted to check in and say HELLO. Love you!
Johnny

Gracie said...

K, I wrote a comment(today 12/26) for the wrong blog date, check out comments for 12/22, I wanted to put it with your last update 12/24 the comment was mostly for Jed, so check it out when you have time...I'm such a dumb-head love ya's..

Johnny said...

HI JED . . .
I just got my snowglobe you made me and I love it!!!! Thank you so MUCH! It will be sitting out year round!
Love,John