Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Hi All. Well blood counts are not moving but Jed is! He walked half the hall today! He ate another yogurt and some coco puffs and is sleeping now. He was awake most of the day. He got his inhaled antibiotic that I had been pushing off. I just couldn't handle the fight the last few days. Today though he was well enough to push it! He was also to have his port needle changed but Amanda has off until Thursday. We are going over to clinic tomorrow so Holly can hopefully do it. The drama of the whole lead up to it just exhausts me. He is still talking about how he does not want a broviac. I can't say I blame him. I am scared to death to have to change any dressing..and it is an open hole, I'm sitting down and I feel like passing out. Of course when I talk about it with Jed it's all good. As freaked out as he is about it I am right there with him. The whole open wound thing with the tube coming out makes me lightheaded. Those of you that know me...you are aware it takes a lot to get to me like that!
Ugh, I just can't think about it.
Tomorrow is the contract vote at Harley. I would assume most will vote yes on the crappy contract...because we have no choice. Now I am hearing that within 2 years they will have scaled down to 800 full time people and 300 "casual" workers..whatever that is. Basically for us that means we will have no jobs. Losing 3 incomes in one family...kind of a big thing. Again, I can't think about it.
I just want Jed to feel as good as he can, come home and have a wonderful christmas that he will never forget. That's as far as I want to think ahead. Yes, I know, I am planning and figuring out all the little details of transplant life. But I won't let it be my focus. The fear is an endless dark place. I am staying away from that, it's a waste of energy and absolutely no help to Jed.
So important stuff, I am hosting a canning trip this weekend!!!Ok, Dan and Savannah are hosting a canning trip. So as you drive around, where ever you are, if you see someone at an intersection with Penn State on a can, put your change in it!!!
I guess that's all for now. I wonder if the guys using jackhammers on the concrete roof right out our window will start work before 7 again.
Love Jed and Kristin
Hey Beck...tomorrow will be fine....you will be fine!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Thanks. Yes it will.
xoxoxoxox