Monday, November 16, 2009

Hey all. So we are again in the Bat Cave. 7261 is our #. Jed had his echo...(hated it cause the guy pushed on him so hard and he is all bone), the ekg was quick and painless. The spinal tap went well, just sad to be there again. Carol and Dr. Neely took good care of him. Dr. Blackall was already in to check on Jed too. We are unpacked and Trish you would be proud, as soon as we got up here I asked for a tub of sani-cloth wipes. Erin (nurse practitioner) came in to check Jed. She said that Deana (the other nurse practitioner) sent her an email saying that if Jed came in on Monday she wanted him! So Deana will be in tomorrow and she will take Jed. That is great because if we come in by ER then we get a resident, but when we come in for a scheduled visit we get the nurse practitioners. Way better! Especially since they all know Jed and they are not scared to page the Dr. The residents always wait until the last possible minute. Some are very good, we have broken in many but some...well anyway.
Jed is sleeping right now. He had Danny go to Fuddruckers for a burger when we got up here from his spinal tap. He ate about a 3rd of it (according to him it was at least half!). Then he got pretty nauseous ..who wouldn't after that burger. We got some phenergan into him before he lost all that precious protein! Chemo will start soon. Whenever the pharmacy gets it up here I guess. He gets Ara-C every day for 5 days and Idarubison on day 3. Not sure how to spell that one...I have it written down somewhere. I think he will have a spinal again on Friday...I think. Then we just hang here until his counts return. He thinks he will be home for Thanksgiving...I am not optimistic about that. Jed's counts are notoriously slow to return. But who knows!
Danny is still here hanging out. He brought us up today and when we found out our bed was ready right before the spinal tap he moved all of our stuff in for us. The parking here sucks now. We use the old main entrance because it is right by the elevators and with a parent pass we can just swipe it to get to the 7th floor. The stupid parking guy was yelling at Danny to park way over somewhere else because he said "those parking spaces are for chemo patients" Danny told him about Jed and he said "I don't care he is not in the new cancer institute so you can't park there". Danny then told him that Jed's food would be cold by the time he moved the car and walked all the way from the other side of the building. The guy said " I don't give a F' you can't park there". So needless to say Danny unloaded on him...but he still had to move the car. I have a parking ticket from when I brought Jed back from his party and there was no where to park. I parked in valet. They gave me a ticket...it's still in the ashtray. Whoever designed the parking didn't have to haul a kid and luggage up to the 7th floor. Or even just stuff for a kid!
Anyway we are here and waiting to start. Let's just get this over with. Thanks to everyone for the love and support...
J & K

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jed,I love you.I know your scared, i know your fed up with this mess more so than we could ever know.But remember what i told you about Grandads,we know things,and when this last tough kick in the pants is over, you will have a wonderful long and happy life.NEVER,NEVER GIVE UP. LOVE HOP

Becky said...

What a jerk. Jed, I hope you're right and home by Thanksgiving 'cause it will be much easier for me to get up there to see you.
xo

Anonymous said...

Kristin and Jed - Thinking of you guys - Hope the week goes by quickly and with few icky side effects. Stay Strong! You can do this! Jed - my son Thomas is a lot like you. He's got ALL for the 3rd time too and has been battling since he was 3 (he's 13 now)and is going to transplant. If you want to email him let me know and I'll give your mom his email address and cell phone number.
Take care-
Lisa, Thomas, Gary, and Bella in Austin.

Anonymous said...

I wish I was close by, I'd go give that parking guy a piece of my mind! One good thing, I do believe in Karma, oh that guy we'll get what he has coming to him someday! LOL.... Stay strong guys, this is a battle but with Jed's record no doubt one he is going to knock down! Sending good thoughts!!! Love Sara Liberte

J. Perewitz said...

Stupid parking attendant! Probably just mad at the world because he doesn't have a cool job. Hang in there!

David Tamayo said...

Hey Jed, Im from Acacia Fraternity and I, like all of my brothers, are supporting you, we hope you get better man, Ive only met you once and it was during the pumpkin carving last year, it was a great time. You are strong person, and you can achieve anything at all. Stay strong and fight on, and I will be seeing you around, good luck with everything, we are praying for you. Hang in there