Friday, November 13, 2009

Hi all. So not much new here really. Just hanging out. Jed is spending most of his time sleeping and enjoying his bed. Sat afternoon Adam is having dinner for Jed. Jed said "even if I can only lie on the couch I am going". He even helped plan the menu..that he probably will not eat....you never know though. Sunday he is to go to his Dad's to see everyone but I think they will end up coming here and hanging with him..we will leave and they can visit in his room. Our biggest battle will be keeping Jed's spirits up and making him believe he can do this as we move through this treatment. He has already asked me to please not make him do this. I told him he could not quit until he tries. I asked his nurse, Denise, if he really had a chance of getting to transplant and making it. If she had said it was very slim we would have had some soul searching to do BUT she said he really has a realistic chance of doing this and being well. So that is where our heads need to be. I am constantly thinking of a girl I know...she is around 36 now. She had a transplant at 15. she has 2 kids and living a great life. We also have a nurse upstairs who has had 2 transplants...her husband also has had 2! Jed met him at camp last year. I might ask Jen if her husband, Big John, will come and talk to Jed. I think he needs to talk to people that have done this..especially a guy. Big John, I don't know if you read this, if you do maybe you could come and talk to Jed when we come in?
I want everyone to know that the way we are planning to get through this is to try and concentrate on making everyday as good as it can be, truely one day at a time. Not dwelling on ANY of the what ifs. That's all for now...oh and I have a motorcycle for sale if anyone is interested!!! No I am not upset about that..I just don't want to have to worry about the payment, registration, inspection and insurance. I can get another when the time is right..maybe when I can teach Jed to ride too!
Love Kristin and Jed
thanks again for all the love and support.....keep sending the good vibes, we will take it all!!!!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Hells yes you will get through this and you all will be at our Disco de Mayo party next spring celebrating!

Grace said...

Hey Tootsie-Roll, just wanted to say how much we "Love" and care for you. Your strength is amazing and you've taught me to be a stronger person, just from watching you day by day. Having you in our lives is the best gift any person can ever wish for. So hang in there, the best is yet to come!!

Unknown said...

Jed,

You can do this! You are a FIGHTER!!!! Stay tough and keep your spirits high!!!!!

Xoxo,

Brittany Stone
-THON 08' dancer

Unknown said...

Hey Kristen (and Jed!) - I let Jen know what you mentioned in the blog. She's going to talk to John and hopefully he'll be getting in touch with you soon!! I'm thinking of you guys during this time - see you this weekend! (maybe i'll get to take care of you for once! haha!)

Carol