Friday, November 13, 2009

Hey, Just wanted you all to know I think I have a general for Jed's Special Forces! I got a call today from the lovely Trish Smith, no relation to Jed, and she has started to prep me for transplant life. She is Jackson's mom and she has been through this hell. She is getting together all the info I need to know and then I can brief the forces on transplant protocol. Which basically boils down to NO GERMS! When she gives me the plan I will share!
Trish I can't thank you enough for all you have done and all you are going to do. Who knew I had to wash all our own sheets to make sure they are not touched by anyone else. and the bin with a lid for peoples coats is brilliant. I am thinking when we get closer to the time maybe I can get you to brief everyone for me! Like a meeting of all the troops! There is so much more to staying germ free than anyone can imagine.
Jed is sleeping. Pappaw brought over this year's Hess truck, except I think they are race cars. Jed was awake for a little while and then went right back to bed. No food for him today though. He just wasn't hungry.
I saw Gram tonight. How someone who had a kidney out a few weeks ago look so good is beyond me! She is coming to dinner at Adam's tomorrow.
The biggest order that our new General has issued is that from here on out the only outcome is success. No thoughts or discussion of any other outcomes. Positive thoughts only. GOT THAT?! It will be a long hard battle but Jed will win this fight and we will all be there to get him through.This is extremely important so take it to heart. I also want to say thank you to our sweet friend Jackson, because of him we have Trish and his whole family helping.
ok, gotta go
Love Jed and Kristin

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you guys! Sounds like you have the perfect family filled weekend planned. Will be waiting for you Monday to help you start the new fight! Keep that positivity flowing! You are so much stronger than you know! Holly

Jenn said...

Kristin,
Sounds like you have an awesome plan!! I will be praying for Jed! He has one amazing mom, that's for sure!!
-Jenn

Anonymous said...

The power of positive thinking!!!

Anonymous said...

You guys WILL do this! And PLEASE share any advice with me about NO GERMS! We need all the help we can get here too. We move to tranpslant city in less than 2 weeks.
Lisa Molina - Thomas's mom
lisabmolina@gmail.com