Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Hey. Home from clinic. Counts are ok. His white count is down again but everything else is headed up. The Dr. said his marrow is just very tired. He also told us that it could be months before Jed has any kind of improvement in energy. He also gave both of us a talk about being 12. Basically saying that Jed needs to be treated like he is 12 and healthy..but only if he is acting 12 and healthy. We have to change our thinking process to "Jed is a healthy child" from "Jed is sick". That is easier said than done....I did that before. It will be harder to do it this time. Dr Ungar also said that Jed should not stay home from school because of other kid's illnesses. That if Jed is up for school he goes, no questions. Of course Jed right away says..oh good I can go across the street and down the ally to "so and so's house". UMMM..no. I explained to the Doc that we live in town and my kids have never been and will NOT be the kids running around town. Dr Ungar told Jed that as he starts to act 12 what he should expect are the same privileges that Savannah enjoyed at 12. YAY, Savannah was not allowed to wander around and couldn't even go across the street to Rutters. Anyway, as we all start to make these adjustments and changes in thinking I have a feeling that the ONE person who will have the biggest problem with it all is ME. I worry about his lack of social interaction with kids his own age. The Dr suggested he be allowed to go to a friends house and hang out...um the only friends I know well enough for that are DJ and Hayley. Thank goodness he suggested the rules that apply to Savannah apply to Jed! Savannah only could go to people's houses that I knew well.
So this new chapter should be interesting. Oh yay, more worries.
Ok, that's all that is new here I think. Port comes out on Friday!!!
Love,
Jed and Kristin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like really good advice
from the Doctor.....good luck and
God Bless for a happy and healthy 12 year old..........

Becky said...

Definitely good advice. And I'm the same way about my kid. If I don't know the parents, she doesn't go.