Sunday, November 22, 2009

warning....bad language...
.Ok, so that was absolutely FUCKIN" pointless Mr night resident guy. Thanks for coming in to do the same fuckin thing the nurses do & they do it way better. ok, so maybe the neurotic mother is wrong and it's not the only antibiotic that is different since yesterday but don't tell me it doesn't cause muscle weakness and myasthenia syndrome like effects. I looked up everything I could find while I sat here for almost 2hrs waiting for you to grace me with your worthless presence and I get "ok, I will pass this along to the day team and the attending". (I think it's Comito...god i hope so, if its another doc that does not know Jed I will scream) "I will let them know about what is going on and if they want to change anything they will". They PAY these people? He couldn't even roll over..with help.. to change his sheets. He could not swallow his pills and threw up all over, he just sat there while he threw up, didn't even move.
Ok, so our new nurse just came in THANK GOD FOR SMART PEOPLE, and as she and I talked about it and I repeated what I told to Mr. worthless she said "when was the last time he ate anything substantial? Well that was Monday night and it was a half of a burger. We then started to talk about dehydration and I told her that he always is mildly dehydrated but I can tell by looking at his face that it is worse. Yes he is the king of no pee, but this lack of peeing is not right even for him. SO between the complete lack of calories and fat and sugar in his little deprived body and then also being dehydrated it could definitely cause all of these symptoms and the SEVERE weakness. He is now on TPN and maybe by the morning we will see an improvement. It really is a very reasonable explanation. Is it right? I don't know but at least it sounds plausible and I can breath a little while I stare at him all night. I at least have some hope that we are correcting this problem. Thank you Erin for talking it through with me instead of just staring at me while I talked.
I am never the bitchy, neurotic, demanding mother up here..but maybe I have hit my nice easy going limit.
I know since around the end of August I have been just completely worried about him. I chalked it up to end of treatment jitters and me just being extra tired. I was emailing Denise SO much and she was forwarding some of them to Dr Ungar to answer for me. I really felt nuts to be so worried when we we almost finished. hhmm,
guess I'm only a little nuts. So mr resident dude when a mom says this is just WRONG, something is wrong, try to make an effort to talk through it to maybe find a reasonable cause or at the very least... fake it, pretend to be thinking of something.
I feel better now. I will feel better in the morning when I see one of OUR doctors. This sucks and it hasn't even gotten hard yet.
Love J & K

No comments: