Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hi all. I know there are some of you that have not heard yet and I hate to tell you this way but I just cannot make all those phone calls. Anyway it looks as if our "cancer free life" was short lived. They found leukemia cells in Jed's marrow today. Not good. really not good. He is hanging on. Right now he is dealing ok, I know this will change as he starts to feel bad from chemo.
The Plan: Monday we go to clinic and he gets a spinal tap, an ekg and then admitted for chemo. I am not sure but I think it is 5 days of chemo. Then he will have no counts so we stay until they come up. This round is repeated and then we go to transplant. The search for an unrelated match started today. There are no words to describe how hard this is going to be for Jed. He has not had time to recover from the last few years and this new round will be hell. Just getting him to transplant will be extremely hard. I promise to keep you posted and as I get more info about this stage I will pass it on.
Ok people, this is the real deal here, we are in deep now. So pull out all the stops, hoodoo, voodoo, prayers, jingles, good vibes we need it ALL, every little bit.
Love J & K

10 comments:

Jackie said...

Jed you're a strong little guy<333 Gamma Phi Beta & Acacia LOVE you!

Unknown said...

J & K, You are two of the bravest people we know and you'll get through this! We are here, always thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Remission, Remission, Remission!!!!
Jed, Thomas says he totally understand this - and that you are going to beat this once and for all at transplant!

Lisa Molina - Thomas's Mom - Thomas going to transplant November 30th.

Uncle Adam,Aunt Tiersa & Cousin Olivia said...

Jed,

We love you so very much! Olivia sends her love and a big hug and kiss for you!

The Kurhan Family said...

You'll beat it AGAIN, once and for this time at transplant. We'll be praying for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Jed,
I hope you know you have a big fan thinking of you, you are such a brave strong man, the bravest guy I know!! You and your mom inspire me so much, I know we haven't met but from what your mom told me of you, you are no doubt a fighter, one strong guy who will plow right through this next hurdle. I keep you in my prayers and wish you all the best, keep up the great work!! Your fan, Sara Liberte <3

J. Perewitz said...

Hey Kristen & Jed, I am sending as many good vibes your way as I can and lots of prayers too. Please hang in there and be strong. I know you are a good tough family and have a lot of love and support, many things that you will need.
I am constantly thinking about you! If there is anything I can do let me know!

Marilyn Stemp said...

Jed,
You and your Mom hang in there. I was a marrow transplant for my brother about 9 years ago and he did very well with the process. I'd do it again in a heartbeat if needed. I'm still in the donor bank and would be honored if I was a match for you.
Let this be a reminder to everyone reading: it's easy to be a bone marrow donor. I encourage everyone to join the marrow registry by contacting youorksr local blood bank. Maybe you're a match for Jed!
my best,
Marilyn Stemp
IronWorks

Anonymous said...

Jed - I was touched, and inspired, when I heard your story, and honored to meet your mom this summer...and to hear more about you. Just wanted you to know that there's a krew in South Dakota that is sending prayers your way too! God has a plan, even when we're going through the tough times in our lives...and He is with you and your family.Wishing you ALL THE BEST.
Laura Klock
Klock Werks Kustom Cycles
Mitchell, South Dakota

And Marilyn...thanks for that info. I didn't know that! Who knows, any one of us could be a match for Jed!

Unknown said...

Hey Jed,

You probably don't know me that well, but I've been an ACACIA THON Chair and THON Captain for the last 3 years and I'm going to be one of your dancers for THON 2010! I'm honored to have the opportunity to dance in your name! I know your a big strong guy and you can fight through this next bump in the road! Keep your head up and be strong! Don't ever forget ACACIA and Gamma Phi are behind you every step of the way! Everyone from up here send our love and best wishes and we will certainly be down to visit you real soon!

Todd Hoffman