Saturday, November 28, 2009

Hey All. So not much new here in the Bat Cave. Boy Wonder is about the same. No fevers, some nausea, and not as much belly pain as yesterday. He is still not eating, we are going to work on that tomorrow with some toast. One new thing, he seems to have developed a pain in his arm. I remember when he started relapse treatment last time he had these random weird pains. His wrist hurt for more than a month. He had it wrapped and would put heat packs on it. We even had an xray on it, nothing there. One day the pain was just gone. I am thinking that is what the arm pain is. Who knows what is going on in that skinny little body. He still cannot stand up without help, he has to hold on to me to walk to the bathroom. I did notice that I am not taking all the weight now, he is doing more himself. Thanks to all who are sending cards and well wishes. Thanks G for all the goodies....no more woopie pies woman!
I read some good info on mouth care. His upcoming chemo will cause mouth sores & mucositis. There was an article written by a dentist who had a child with leukemia. He said the normal prescription stuff the pharmacy gives you tastes horrible but the stuff the dentists use is much better (he would know). So I have the name of 2 swishes, it is to be used everyday 1 or 2x a day and you don't wait for the sores, you use it before you get them. This guy said his kid did not have 1 mouth sore...that would be nice. Stanimax or PerioMed the are both .63% stannous fluoride. I have to ask Jed's doc and if it's ok, then I will call the dentist and see if they will prescribe and dispense it. SOOO as you can see I am very busy here!!!! Yes I have nothing else to do but look for stuff to make this easier on Jed's little body. So far this is the ONLY info I have found that does not have another article disputing everything written! I swear it is horrible. I was reading about diet and nutrition. Some say no vitamins some say yes. Some say no milk some say yes. One article even said that grapefruits can make cancer cells grow?? Ok, so no grapefruit (Jed hates it anyway). So much stuff. After reading all day I had to just start laughing. The kid I'm trying to find the right diet for is not even eating at this moment AND if there is 1 thing I know from all the years of doing this...I am just happy when he eats..whatever it is. So I guess I will stop obsessing over that. I won't even tell you how much time I have spent trying to find chemical free wipes to wipe him down with and an all natural lotion to help his dry skin. I have lots of info on that...I will spare you..at least for now. Oh and did you know that if you put a few drops of tea tree oil in the wash it kills more microbs? grapefruit seed extract is an antibacterial too??!! you can use it in the rinse of the laundry! ok, I will stop now.
Anyway back to boy wonder. He is making progress, slow...as usual but compared to last weekend when he was not talking or even nodding his head..Wooo we are rockin'
Love J & K

2 comments:

Atom said...

Keep up the good work jed. I am at work tonight keeping the lights on for you !! Ha Ha !! I Love You !!

Savannah said...

tea tree oil kills everything. zits too. i never understood how it could be an OIL yet dry out your skin so bad.