Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Hey, Jed is getting his Ara-C right now and at 9 he gets the idarubicin. I just want that over with. I am kind of scared to see the effects of it. He has gotten a drug from the same family but this, I think, is a little stronger. Anyway I will write about that later as I see what happens.
I was asked to make a list of places we could use gift cards for. .I am not making it to ask for stuff!!!!
SO
walmart, giant, pizza hut, mcdonalds, game stop, subway
ok, there's our list!
We are ok here so far. He is starting to feel a little worse but so far it's ok. I am just all tensed up waiting for the yuckies! Dr. Ungar was in today just to kind of give me a little info, confirmed the spinal tap for Friday. Our "meeting" to talk about all the transplant stuff will be next month sometime. Transplant could possibly be in January and he assured me that any decisions made pertaining to Jed's treatment will be made by us not any other Dr. That is good. I also met the transplant coordinator today. She came in while mom was here. She just explained some stuff. Some of it I seem to already know but she gave me some written info, I will read it tonight. Dr. Blackall was in too. We talked about the approach to take in trying to help Jed keep his head in the right place. Also about his complete opposition to the broviac. He is fixated on the tubes hanging out of his chest, really freaks him out. Actually it always has. He has always said he would never want a broviac..welp, no choice now. anyway I am going to start to ramble about nothing so I will stop now and let ya'll know how he does with his idarubcine stuff.
hugs to everyone and more thanks than I can say
Love J & K

No comments: